• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self flagellation may be the answer.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Mind you, I probably will be banned for this (probably not permabanned--I've never been banned before--but who knows?), but it's worth it. There's something seriously wrong with being able to categorically insult whole groups of people but not attack one specific person. That's just bias in favor of people like Moby who happen to be defective human beings in uniquely horrible ways. Let's be fair here; allow both or neither.

If I do get permabanned, though, could someone point me to a site where KH and Asher might have gone? I find myself missing them, especially KH.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I don't see why, if they were willing to pay the cost, the group should not have been allowed to put the animal in quarantine and have it treated. The point of the law is to prevent herd animals from infecting other animals and/or to prevent unscrupulous profiteers from selling infected meat. Neither were likely to happen in this case.
        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Ming, now he's asking to be banned - surely the least that you can do is take him up on his wish.

Never have I been so outrageously attacked on Poly in such a manner before, I may even have to leave this site never to return again if this avalanche of abuse is allowed to continue. Shocking! Truly shocking...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
            I don't see why, if they were willing to pay the cost, the group should not have been allowed to put the animal in quarantine and have it treated. The point of the law is to prevent herd animals from infecting other animals and/or to prevent unscrupulous profiteers from selling infected meat. Neither were likely to happen in this case.
            Yeah right, some people say "we promise not to let this bull come in contact with others" and it's all OK. What about everyone else who has an infected bovine? All potential to prevent infection has to be eradicated immediately, otherwise it makes a mockery of the laws in place.

Usually there are laws because people can't be trusted to uphold their side of the bargain - just like people who can't help resorting to personal attacks despite being expressly asked not to, making a mockery of the rules of this site...

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
              Never have I been so outrageously attacked on Poly in such a manner before, I may even have to leave this site never to return again if this avalanche of abuse is allowed to continue. Shocking! Truly shocking...

Don't leave Mobby, you are one of the more hilarious clowns on this site - your insulting capability is so bad that it's actually fun.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Yeah right, some people say "we promise not to let this bull come in contact with others" and it's all OK. What about everyone else who has an infected bovine? All potential to prevent infection has to be eradicated immediately, otherwise it makes a mockery of the laws in place.
                Indeed. I find it astonishing that people can argue that the rule of law and principle of public safety should be suspended for the sake of not offending religious sensibilities.

Comment

I had time to cool off overnight, and had come to the conclusion that I owed Moby an apology, painful as it was to think of it. However, in light of his offer to leave the board, I'm going to have to put a hold on said apology.

Seriously, though, my point stands: why is it acceptable to be a total bigot and attack groups, but not individuals?
                  1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                    why is it acceptable to be a total bigot and attack groups, but not individuals?
                    Community Forum

Comment

With respect Elok, would you kindly desist from these continuous attacks that Ming appears to be allowing you, frankly they are getting rather boring and besides, I refuse to stoop to your level...

Comment

All potential to prevent infection has to be eradicated immediately, otherwise it makes a mockery of the laws in place.
                        The potential to prevent infection? What's the "potential" here? The UK's health department? And why do you want them eradicated? I thought you were on the other side of the argument here...
                        1011 1100

Comment

Anyway, aren't you supposed to turn the other cheek or something?

Comment

The potential to prevent infection? What's the "potential" here? The UK's health department? And why do you want them eradicated? I thought you were on the other side of the argument here...
                            It's true Moby, you've been grammar-busted.

Comment

Ideally, yes. Hence the apology. With the insults I was aiming to inspire what some of us nutters call a "Prodigal Son moment" in you by puncturing your thick shell of unwarranted self-love and making you realize how thoroughly vile you can be. You have to realize you have a problem before attempting to cure it. Making you feel shame: it's ambitious, audacious even, but felt that I had to try. Much like Columbus had to try to reach the East by sailing west, or JFK had to challenge the nation to send a man to the moon and bring him back. Dreeeeeamm the impossible dreeeeeeaaaaammmm...
                              1011 1100

Comment

Much like Columbus had to try to reach the East by sailing west, or JFK had to challenge the nation to send a man to the moon and bring him back.
                                Is someone who doubts whether JFK actually sent a man to the moon a nutter? :diamondsareforever:

Comment

Working...
                                X