London train station question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London train station question

I've got to get from Kings Cross to London Bridge station a week on Friday. How far is it and what's the best way of making the journey?
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Tube. Northern line, about 15 minutes.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Are you visiting Prov Harry?

Comment

Don't suppose you know how busy it will be? Will be carting around a suit and a load of beer
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Get out at Mornington Crescent
          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
          And notifying the next of kin
          Once again...

Comment

What time of day are you travelling?

Peak hours are between 17:30 to about 19:30, but it won't be as bad on a Friday as more people stay out drinking to spread the travel times.

Should be plenty of room when you get on. It will get quite packed by Old Street/Moorgate. A bunch of people will change at Bank to get on the Central Line, and a lot of people will get off at London Bridge, follow the flow.

They are redoing some of the escalators at London Bridge, so it may be a bit of a bottleneck getting out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
              Get out at Mornington Crescent
              Unfortunately he is on the wrong branch. Mornington Crescent is on the Charing Cross branch, not the Bank branch.

You miss a turn for such a rookie mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

Unfortunately he is on the wrong branch. Mornington Crescent is on the Charing Cross branch, not the Bank branch.

You miss a turn for such a rookie mistake.
                Damn Last game I played was with the Finsbury Rules. Sorry...
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

What time of day are you travelling?

Peak hours are between 17:30 to about 19:30, but it won't be as bad on a Friday as more people stay out drinking to spread the travel times.

Should be plenty of room when you get on. It will get quite packed by Old Street/Moorgate. A bunch of people will change at Bank to get on the Central Line, and a lot of people will get off at London Bridge, follow the flow.

They are redoing some of the escalators at London Bridge, so it may be a bit of a bottleneck getting out.
                  Ah good stuff, cheers

i was thinking of going to a pub for a while as I expected the rush hour to be just when I landed.

What's a good night south of London around Reigate/Redgill area?
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

4:30pm ish
                    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

walk, it wont take more than an hour or so, or get the bus for a pound most of the way.
                      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Are you visiting Prov Harry?
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Or you can take Thameslink, I prefer going that way if you can get the timings right...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

For americans- take any red bus they always go past the big landmarks
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS
                              Or you can take Thameslink, I prefer going that way if you can get the timings right...
                              I do that from Farringdon sometimes, but the wait for a Brighton train can be considerably longer than the wait for a northern line train.

Comment

Working...
                              X