Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOOD NEWS reference the first Iraqi casualty among the Apolyton community families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a cute little boy. A real heartwarmer story in the middle of such a tragedy, thanks for sharing it with us.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I figured a little good news on the Iraq thing (that everyone could agree on) would be nice. It's ironic, I went and reread the post I made when it all happened - while time does not heal all woulds, it does at least permit some scarring to form. I can read it without spiking my blood pressure (big no-no for me) - something I could not have done even six months ago.
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Link the thread, I think I remember it but not what people (maybe me) said to piss you off.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Praise science - "Virgins" are finally giving birth!

But still, nothing beats the real thing. And I don't mean the sex part of it, but that a child has to grow up with a dead father. But it's a great comfort for the mother to be able to get pregnant with the man she loves even after his death.
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

to science and the tireless perseverance of the widow.
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Patroklos - just search under the title in the first post "My sister's husband dead...".

My wife wants to know what I'm chuckling about so hard - you didn't even post in that first thread (I just checked. I actually saved the pages and even have everyone's old avatars). Even the couple of posters, out of a bunch, who made a political statement in that first thread were actually less inflammatory than I was. I was a might bit upset, and anything else I could say would defeat the purpose of this thread which is the good news side of it.
              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Working...
              X