X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China, Pakistan and radical Islamism!

China rises to Pakistan's defense

Hardline Pakistani students kidnap Chinese women
    Trusted and independent source of local, national and world news. In-depth analysis, business, sport, weather and more.

Three Chinese killed in Pakistan
    Three Chinese workers were killed Sunday in Pakistan. Police officer Abdul Karim said that it was a robbery attempt. Gov't to Protect Workers Abroad

Letter from China: Mosque siege reveals the Chinese connection

Alarmed by the attacks on their citizens, and on the sensitive question of public perception of these events, Chinese leaders are widely reported by these diplomats to have put strong pressure on Musharraf to take action. And China being an increasingly important ally, militarily and economically, for Pakistan, that is exactly what Musharraf did.

Chinese citizens and Chinese interests are fanning out around the globe at a rate that is unequaled in this country's long history. Wherever they land the Chinese are very often reproducing a Chinese way of life, as Americans did in the postwar era over half a century ago.

As with overseas Americans - the "Ugly American" became a cliché in Asia - among the Chinese, naturally enough, there is good and bad. Along with fresh injections of capital and ingenuity and China's famous entrepreneurial bustle, the Chinese also often bring an insular clannishness, a driven style of management, an unblushing attitude toward corruption, and as the case in Pakistan suggests, an acceptance of things like brothels, which are common in China but in many other societies are seen as undesirable or are illegal.
    Pakistan Says Attacks Targeting Economy, China Ties (Update2)

=========

Do you think that Chinese will also begin his war on "terrorism" and "radical Islamism"?

Would it be more radical than the american version?
    (China 'crushing Muslim Uighurs')
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I'll be glad to see Chinese taking care of terrorism in their own region. But at which price?
    Last edited by CrONoS; July 20, 2007, 11:52.
    bleh

Command and Conquer: Generals

Its all over now Islamisist BEEEYOOCHES!!!
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

You wouldn't appreciate the expansion to that game.

Comment

Yeah, I actually didn't buy it becasue of the cover art. (not just because of that)

Everyone knows expansions are just infinities anyways
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Re: China, Pakistan and radical Islamism!

Originally posted by CrONoS
          I'll be glad to see Chinese taking care of terrorism in their own region. But at which price?
          Unfortunately, the "terrorists" in China are Uighur separatists that, conveniently for teh Chinese, happen to be Muslims.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

There are

extremist Muslims in China too. Chinese methods lack all of the niceties of Western ways. If the Chinese get involved in a serious way, it will not be pretty. Brutal, but effective.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I doubt it will be effective.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
              X