500,000 - 750,000 dying every year...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should we be? Yes.

Also, whoever is the biggest polluter will always take the most flak for it. The difference here is that the West is doing more, especially in Europe. Even India does more. Polluters shouldn't be ignored.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That's right, but the oil and car companies are the ones getting representation, not us. So we need to fix things at home first, but that's not going to happen because the politicos are all owned. Just sit back and enjoy the show. When the ocean breakers start breaking on Wall Street, things might change.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

You'll miss the Phillipines when they're gone.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'll be long dead before the tide come in.

Comment

Yes, you will be.
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Comment

"Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                  Just commenting on how some are treated differently. Here Mobius is directly attacking China's pollution problem with exaggeration. Yet, I simply say that China has a pollution problem and am accused of being the most anti-Chinese person in the world.
                  The obvious difference is that Mobius based his comments on an article that he posted. You, on the other hand, just make ridiculous unfounded generalizations and red herrings.

You claim the West is doing more to control pollution, but no one is disputing that rich countries can afford to do more and should do more.

You claim that India does more to control pollution, but you provide no evidence. Where are your sources?

You have none because all you are doing is an anti-Chinese rant just like as always.
                  Golfing since 67

Comment

This isn't:

"How can we stop China from making the planet unfit for human habitation, if they are happy to kill their own population by a slow and lingering death?"

You just think my opinions are ridiculous because you disagree with them and are unable to form cogent arguments against them. The frustration of this leads you to engage in personal attacks. That my arguments are quite reasonable further irks you.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

yep... enough with the personal stuff... discuss the topic, not the posters.
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Since you needed to edit.

Originally posted by Tingkai

The obvious difference is that Mobius based his comments on an article that he posted. You, on the other hand, just make ridiculous unfounded generalizations and red herrings.
                        What red-herrings? Can you prove any of this? I've given reasonable arguments against your assumptions. All you've given is personal attacks.

You claim the West is doing more to control pollution, but no one is disputing that rich countries can afford to do more and should do more.
                        Then where is the problem. You seem to think that China, now the world's biggest pollution offender should be exempt from criticism. Why not show us where China is making improvements rather than attack those who believe that they are not? That is how reasonable discourse goes.

You claim that India does more to control pollution, but you provide no evidence. Where are your sources?
                        Well, I'm still waiting on your sources that I've asked for in several threads.

You have none because all you are doing is an anti-Chinese rant just like as always.
                        How is discussing China's pollution problem anti- Chinese? Seriously, why is it that you throw an embarrassing rant about fat people in the US and when over 1/2 million people are dying in China each year you get upset, not because not enough is being done about it, but because people want more to be done?
                        Last edited by DaShi; July 22, 2007, 05:18.
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Again, provide some sources to back up your claim that India is doing more to control pollution than China.

And stop misquoting me.
                          Golfing since 67

Comment

Originally posted by Tingkai
                            Again, provide some sources to back up your claim that India is doing more to control pollution than China.
                            Will you then kindly provide sources where I've asked for them? Well, at least for the threads on page 1.

And stop misquoting me.
                            Um. . .I didn't quote you outside of the forum quotes, which are exact copies of your post.
                            Last edited by DaShi; July 22, 2007, 05:17.
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Right. Well, I've got your precious sources just sitting here waiting for you, when you're ready to play honorably. Until then, I'll just wait for you to provide your sources for this thread. Afterall, I did ask first.
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

And again, you still don't get it.

I provided information that put the World Bank numbers into perspective. If you disagree with that information, then feel free to post information that says otherwise.

You, however, do not provide information. You just throw out anti-Chinese insults and distort what other people say.

Now if you have information to post, great. But if you do not add anything meaningful to the discussion then don't be surprised when people say that you are a troll.
                                Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                                X