Nuclear war survival skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear war survival skills

I know, this is old school... But I was playing Fallout 2 lately and I was wondering what I would do if there was a nuclear attack... Lo and behold, I found this quite thorough guide online. Its over 510 pages long!

[ninja-popup ID=3283][/ninja-popup] [ninja-popup ID=3283]Free eBook DownloadNuclear War Survival Skills (PDF)[/ninja-popup]By Cresson H. Kearny[ninja-popup ID=3283][/ninja-popup] [twocol_one] Radiation Protection Emergency Kits Our Radiation Protection Emergency Kits combine essential radiation emergency supplies in one convenient, cost savings package. Kit components may also be purchased separately. Below the list of kits is the description and shelf life of each
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

"I'm not saying we won't get our hair mussed up, but 10-20 million tops, depending on the breaks."

Comment

Used to be a lot of stuff like this in the 1950s in America. The cartoon take on all this was that the survivors might well envy the dead.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Weak genes deserve to die.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

"Many older people, if they know realistic risk estimates, will choose to do essential outdoor work and take non-incapacitating radiation doses in order to spare younger members of their family from the risk of getting cancer decades later."

Good to know .

It's actually pretty interesting stuff, I found the minimum nutrition stuff especially interesting.

Comment

I'd just as soon the bomb land at my feet.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Come on! Don't be afraid of the Bomb! The Bomb is your friend! Look at it like "format: C" type of operation If you guys believe that a Nuke war would be so devastating that there is no point in preparing for it ("might as well die"), read at least chapter one on the myths and facts about the Bomb. Its seems that a lot of Americans believe that. It pretty interesting.

It seems that the Russians don't believe in MAD or they don't rely on it. So they made plans in case the Americans lost their minds and decided to attack. In the USA, OTOH, there is no plan. It would seem that Switzerland has the best plan. They have blast shelter for 85% of their citizens (pp. 22-23 of the PDF)
              Last edited by Nostromo; July 17, 2007, 23:22.
              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Talk apples and apples. Switzerland?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yeah, the United States is a tiny bit bigger than Switzerland

Comment

In the USA, OTOH, there is no plan.
                    I've heard that in UK the plan was to basically MAXIMIZE deaths in the major cities, ensuring that resources would not be wasted on the more "lost cause" segement of the population. This was done by "having no plan", and in fact even having a plan which basically involved telling city people to stay in their houses and die (in not quite so few words).

Comment

I'm kinda surprised there wasn't anything on building a bicycle dynamo in there, the zombie survival guide had that.

Comment

Working...
                      X