Do you play the lottery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play the lottery?

Not me. The odds of winning are so low that it isnt worth my time. Some people call the lottery a tax on the stupid.

I do every once in a while, especially when the pot gets high.

Its 1 dollar for a bit of entertainment, and I have won more playing than I have spent buying tickets. Just like gambling.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Gambling is harmless as long as it isn't taken too far. I've never bought a lottery ticket, but I've had some fun at the roulette wheel once in a while.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

i'm not allowed to

Comment

I don't do the lottery or gambling, it's a waste of money and time
          In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

the lottery is my retirement plan
            Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't do the lottery or gambling, it's a waste of money and time
              Except for when its not Though the money made does not really equal the time spent.

HOWEVER, if I factor in the amount of money I would have spent at the bar in the same time frame vice getting free drinks while making money, it is totally worth it.
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

that's true

if you are in Vegas you will most likely spend a lot less moeny getting drunk at the tables then at the bars
                Monkey!!!

Comment

If you consider the lottery an investment, you are just being silly.

The lottery is for entertainment. If you win, great. If not, it's no worse than any other form of gambling (but there are better odds to be had elsewhere). It's a game.

If you are spending money on the lottery you can't afford to lose, then you have a problem and should stop.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I bought a mega millions ticket for the first time last week. Didn't win. Makes me want to do it again this week. I see a death spiral coming.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Except for when its not Though the money made does not really equal the time spent.

HOWEVER, if I factor in the amount of money I would have spent at the bar in the same time frame vice getting free drinks while making money, it is totally worth it.
                      I don't drink either, so it still isn't worth it
                      In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

In that case, neither is life.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                          In that case, neither is life.
                          No, life is MORE meaningful when you don't drink because you can actually remember it.

Comment

It's hard for Cartman to gamble or drink when he's spending all his money on his meth habit
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

No, life is MORE meaningful when you don't drink because you can actually remember it.
                              There is a differnece between being a drinker and a drunk.

Not that a actually look down on non-drinkers. Universal DDs

Comment

Working...
                              X