Does Sprint Suck or What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take it back: Sprint does suck.

I bought a Sanyo phone three years ago under a Sprint contract. After 22 months you're eligible for a $150 instant rebate when you upgrade your phone. Unfortunately in March of 2006 my phone died and I had to switch to an old phone and sent my broken phone to be repaired.

I originally bought my phone at Radioshack. It's a Sanyo phone. I was given a refurbed phone under Sanyo's manufacturer's warranty. By Sprint's policies, this is not supposed to reset my upgrade eligibility. (Usually, any time there is an ESN change they reset it.) Still, at the time, we talked to Sprint a good deal trying to make sure they knew that. We thought they knew that.

I wanted to buy a new phone this weekend. I checked my eligibility. I could only get a 12 month $75 rebate. ****ers. So I called Sprint Customer Service, sat on hold for twenty five minutes, and talked to a moron. I explained my problem to this representative, she told me to hold on, and then she came back and said, "Okay, sir, it appears you are eligible for the $75 instant rebate."

I told her I know this, but that's wrong. We went back and forth. She went back and forth to her supervisor. She kept telling me that's the way it is in the computer system and it's impossible to change. I kept telling her that her company is not ruled by a computer system and that someone can make the change, even if it's not her.

Eventually she came back from another talk with her supervisor and told me I needed to contact their rebate center. She gave me a phone number. I said thanks, hung up, and dialed that number. It's the mail-in rebate center, an automated phone system that has no way of helping me at all. They knew this. They wanted to get rid of me.

I took a shower. Strangled a few kittens. Relaxed.

And called them back. This time I got a very pleasant woman who, when I told her my problem, said, "Okay, so what we need to do is get you that other $75, right?" instead of telling me what the computer screen in front of her was telling her. I appreciated this. The best she could do in the short run, however, was arrange it so that a $75 credit would appear on my next Sprint bill. This is okay, except that it prevented me from getting further discounts at Radioshack once I actually bought the phone. I may have to fight that.

When I tried to buy the phone the next day, btw, Sprint's system was ****ed up and it showed that no one was eligible for any rebates. It was fixed Monday, though, and now I'm okay.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
      Your jaw must be sore......

ACK!
      /me is laughing like heck and rolling on the floor, dang, just wizzed myself to boot

Tooo fricking funny Tubes

MRT144 good sense of humor
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Sprint gave me my mobile broadband card for $50 a month for unlimited GBs.

It also does have a phone number attached to it. Kinda weird, but is not Sprint exclusive. Verizon does the same thing.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Thank you for this thread. I will never go with Sprint. Jerks!
          EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

We have Sprint DSL at our concrete plants for highspeed data transfer.

Very unreliable and spotty services at least with my three years experience.

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I actually like Sprint's service. Reliable reception and such. Just terrible customer service.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Working...
              X