Does Sprint Suck or What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Sprint Suck or What?

we got their mobile broadband card for internet access back on Feb 22 and these clowns cannot get anything right. First they overcharge me and then they say I was pro-rated to the end of Feb on my first bill. Fine... So my next bill isn't due to the end of the month but it comes early and its due on the 22nd again. Wtf? Was I pro-rated or not? Now I get a bill due on the 15th and I'm getting charged for "insurance" on their damn card (~$7/mth) when I never asked for it nor was it offered, it was just added to my bill. And when I call their "customer service" their damn recording asks me for my 10 digit sprint phone number, but we dont have a phone, we're using the card exclusively for the internet. On top of this I get to pay about $7 a month in taxes which dont appear to be monthly (I smell a rat), this bill doesn't list any taxes, just the friggin insurance I never wanted. But my last bill had the taxes listed.

Sprint is teh suck.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Sprint's customer service blows chunks.

But they gave me a sweet phone for cheap, and the cheapest voice and data plan in the country, so I won't complain.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I used to work for Sprint as a customer service rep at one of their call centers. The main problem with Sprint is that they have two billing systems. The primary one is a mishmash of parts from IBM, SAP, and other venders. It's not very useful. The secondary is somewhat more straightforward; however, it's from 2000, it looks like a dos program, it requires agents to manually add all of the proper codes for a phone plan to work, it requires several codes for each line of service, and the other systems are built on top of this system!

Needless to say it's very very easy to make a mistake which will totally screw up somebody's bill. It's very difficult to detect exactly what caused the screwup in the first place. Also trying to get anything done it feels like you're fighting with the most unintuitive, needlessly complicated piece of software. I couldn't believe that a multibillion dollar company used such a crappy, obviously flawed system. Then there is intense pressure to get off of every call as soon as possible, while simultaneously transitioning to a sales pitch as soon as you could. Agents made commission, so that's why they will try to get you to add all of sprint's products like insurance, text messaging, data plans, new lines of service, etc. Other problems included managers hired from outside of the company that had lessknowledge of the systems than most agents, and stupid policies. I believe that in general Sprint tried to take care of the bottom line first, instead of the customer, and it certainly hurt the bottom line.

Also anytime you had to prorate a month's service it was a friggin' nightmare because of the way the system handled it. Properly explaining this to a customer when it was correctly executed was difficult. Trying to do it when something went wrong, well that required a friendly and patient customer.

Comment

I dont mind much the errors but I get the sense they're trying to rip me off. I particularly did not appreciate the charge for insurance. The guy at the local store said he'd remove the charge for the future but I'd have to deal with customer service about credits, then my new bill still has the insurance charge on there.

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
            I used to work for Sprint as a customer service rep at one of their call centers. The main problem with Sprint is that they have two billing systems. The primary one is a mishmash of parts from IBM, SAP, and other venders. It's not very useful. The secondary is somewhat more straightforward; however, it's from 2000, it looks like a dos program, it requires agents to manually add all of the proper codes for a phone plan to work, it requires several codes for each line of service, and the other systems are built on top of this system!

Needless to say it's very very easy to make a mistake which will totally screw up somebody's bill. It's very difficult to detect exactly what caused the screwup in the first place. Also trying to get anything done it feels like you're fighting with the most unintuitive, needlessly complicated piece of software. I couldn't believe that a multibillion dollar company used such a crappy, obviously flawed system. Then there is intense pressure to get off of every call as soon as possible, while simultaneously transitioning to a sales pitch as soon as you could. Agents made commission, so that's why they will try to get you to add all of sprint's products like insurance, text messaging, data plans, new lines of service, etc. Other problems included managers hired from outside of the company that had lessknowledge of the systems than most agents, and stupid policies. I believe that in general Sprint tried to take care of the bottom line first, instead of the customer, and it certainly hurt the bottom line.

Also anytime you had to prorate a month's service it was a friggin' nightmare because of the way the system handled it. Properly explaining this to a customer when it was correctly executed was difficult. Trying to do it when something went wrong, well that required a friendly and patient customer.

Long story short, Sprint sucks, from personal experience as an employee.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We got a phone for my stepson in February, with a previously used number.

They charged us 3 months in a row for a ringtone service that had been started the previous December.

everytime we called they said it was taken care of, next month it was on the bill again.

We finally had to change the number to a fresh one.

We are still waiting for the credit from my stepdaughter's phone that we bought in December.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Long story short, Sprint sucks, from personal experience as an employee.
                slowwhand speaks teh truth

Comment

Weird. 3/5 of my immediate family has, at times, worked for RadioShack. As a result, Sprint has been our cellular phone service for a long time. We've never had any problems like this.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

sprint sucks but offers me unlimited data on the phone and using it as a modem, and 500 anytime minutes and free nights after 7 and all weekend for 49 bucks a month.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I get all that for $30 a month. Free texts, too
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

well a nice girl at the Sprint store got me straightened out

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                          I get all that for $30 a month. Free texts, too
                          My plan comes with free blowjobs from any sprint employee.
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Your jaw must be sore......

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                              Your jaw must be sore......

ACK!
                              I outsource them

Comment

Working...
                              X