Brand Beckham takes the US by storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAHZ
    how old is Beckham now? will he even have enough left in him for a U.S. run at the World Cup?
    Erm.... I think he's playing in the USA rather than for the USA.

Comment

I was hoping that once they were off this bleeding continent I wouldn't have to tolerate that sh*t anymore. But no, there is some program on ITV (ITV has seriously gone downhill in recent years - now it is nothing but lowest common denominator television - with all that ITV Play and reality TV nonsense) about them. Please just go away you annoying people!
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I knew that life was grim south of the river, PH, but I didn't know that you were forced to watch ITV.

Comment

There is nothing grim about south of the river, northern monkey
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Except Bermondsey, Deptford, and most of the Old Kent Road.

Comment

And Dagenham, Edmonton and Hackney
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Dagenham is East, and so is Hackney really, so we don't claim them. Edmonton I will give you, but it is Tottenham country therefore best avoided except for a quick dash to Ikea.

Comment

They may be East, but they are still on the other side of the river. You don't avoid them that easily...in the same way I can't disown Croydon
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Or New Cross Gate...
                    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

A delightful area, I am sure
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Apparently it has greatly improved in the last few years. Can't think why?

Comment

Did you have a wardrobe of stab vests when you lived there?
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I found it perfectly safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                              Erm.... I think he's playing in the USA rather than for the USA.
                              well, what the hell is the point of this whole "Beckham-fever" thing then? my God, talk about much ado over nothing.

piece™
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Because he's playing in the USA.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X