No announcement yet.

Reporting From the 19th Hole - My First Trophy in 30 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how often does that actually happen? and how likely was i responsible for it breaking if i took a few swings with it at the range?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

CONGRATS BERZ.

I've had the head fly off twice in 40 years, and seen it maybe about 15 times from other players. So it is reasonably rare. Unless you hit the ground real hard, it's very likely (as JR said) that the club was already broken.

And Berz did win the first Apolyton Open and he has the trophy, (the staff of RAH) to prove it.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

well it was a used club, and my friend only wants half of a replacement used club, so its not a big deal.
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

If the head flew off, it was already a broken club.
          You just happened to be the one swinging it...

I've had the head fly off twice in 40 years
          Was it the 2nd or 3rd at Kemper Lakes?

That hasnt happened to me...yet... But one of my golfing buddies recently slammed his driver into the ground after a bad hit and the shaft snapped and damn near sprang into his throat as he leaned over.

Comment

Yeah, 2nd hole at Kemper. only one other time.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X