Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Film Poly: What did people think of 'The Weatherman'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Poly: What did people think of 'The Weatherman'?

I found it strange, down-beat but vaguely amusing. In the context of recent discussions about films, at least it was about characters and life rather than action and explosions.

I thought Cage was good, and reminded me a bit of Kevin Spacey's character in 'The Shipping News', but much as I like Michael Caine, it wasn't exactly his finest hour. I'm sure he's done better american accents than that before. Seeing him in a role like that made me want to see 'Get Carter' or 'Ipcress File' again.

The 'cameltoe' stuff was funny.

It was amusing story about a guys relationship with his father. I liked it. Caine was okay, the character was supposed to be serious like that. So I guess that's why he was so wooden.

Comment

It was a decently entertaining and mildly poignant film. Plus, it had a great gratiutious nudity scene
      I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Gladiator
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

yeah she had some nice big floppy titties.

Comment

Awful movie. My reaction was exacerbated b/c the promos made it look funny. But it's not funny at all.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I was bored by the movie. I haven't liked any of Will Farrell's movies though, until Talidega Nights.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Will Farrell?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

considering Will Farrell was not in this movie, I can see why you were bored looking for him.

It's a good movie. I've learned long ago not to judge a movie by its trailor or previews. I'll read a real review first.

Comment

Maybe he's thinking of Anchorman
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Yeah... that's what I was thinking of.

Weatherman is the one with Nick Cage walking around with the bow and arrow in some city?
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Yes. :vomit:

-Arrian

Comment

I don't like Cage. I couldn't stand him in Anchorman.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

I liked him in Ghost Rider... Only because his head would burst into flames!
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X