2 Dallas men arrested at border with nearly $837,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Dallas men arrested at border with nearly $837,000

I feel so badly for guys busting their ass, trying to get a little money back to the folks at home.
    Ok, then.

06:21 PM CDT on Thursday, July 12, 2007

Associated Press

LAREDO - Customs officers in Laredo arrested two Dallas men after nearly $837,000 in unreported cash turned up in their van.

The southbound vehicle had been stopped for a secondary inspection.

An imaging system scan of the vehicle led to the discovery of a compartment, where 18 bundles of cash were found wrapped in duct tape.

The seizure happened Wednesday at the Lincoln-Juarez Bridge.

The van was driven by 39-year-old Ruben Martinez Sifuentes, who was arrested along with 49-year-old Carlos Martinez-Orozco.

Both men face federal bulk cash smuggling charges.

The cash and vehicle were confiscated.
    That's got to be a pissoff.

While it's not a crime to carry more than $10,000, it is illegal not to declare $10,000 or more while entering or leaving the U.S.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Ooh, that's a pisser for them. They've got to do their drug transactions with a little more sophistication from now on.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I bet it wasn't theirs, in which case, they may not want out of jail. Of course, the "owner" of the money probably has associates in all the jails.

They're screwed. Their money or not.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

QUOTE] Originally posted by SlowwHand
        2 Dallas men arrested at border with nearly $837,000 [/QUOTE]Hell, I typically carry around more than that myself (in large denomination bearer bonds).
        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
          Hell, I typically carry around more than that myself (in large denomination bearer bonds).
          But I bet you would be smart enough to declare it to custom officials since I would assume you are carring it for legitimate reasons
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You can bet I would be smart enough not to take it to Mexico.
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Smart man
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What's the statute of limitations on this law?
                Just asking...
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

You have just

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola Hell, I typically carry around more than that myself (in large denomination bearer bonds).
                  made youself a very tempting mugging target.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

My Terror Bodyguards Cohort from my Legions of Doom take care of that.

Comment

Working...
                    X