War on Terror a rousing success: al-Qaida has rebuilt to level just before 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yes, permabanned.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Damn . . . . .

what did I miss on here, that led to this punishment for Asher? Major drama?
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Asher was stalking LotM got banned. Came back and immediately got rebanned. That apparently was the last straw for management.

Shame considering I like both Asher and LotM.

In the meantime considering the flame wars going on elsewhere and the apparent inconsistent application of moderation discipline others decided enough was enough namely: Oerdin, Drake, KH, and Pekka.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Asher style drama, which is it's own category.

And after being away for a year, one could predict with 100% certainty that DinoDoc, Ogie and Patroklos would still be supporting
            I know you secretly worship us, what fun would it be to sit around in a circle jerk with people who agree with you?
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
              Damn . . . . .

There is a thread in the community forum... the discussion on that topic should be kept there.

And has it has been pointed out... back on topic, and let's not make it personal.

Thank you.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Quite right Ming old boy. Asher is getting more attention on these boards than Paris Hilton.

FACT.

Comment

That's not the only thing they have in common.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Its okay to talk about another poster if they are not really a poster anymore, right?

Comment

not really...
                      Keep on Civin'

Comment

Terrorist outrages have been around for quite a long time.

The Great War was triggered by one, in England we still burn an effigy and let off fireworks to remember the gunpowder plot of 1605. And there were half a dozen and more attempts on the life of Queen Victoria.

We are not going to find a way to prevent some people being lonely, unhappy and socially incompetent. So there seems to me little or no prospect that the phenomenon of terrorist outrages is going to disappear.

If we can't hope to achieve that there remain two things we can do. One is to keep a sense of proportion and not go overboard when one of the incompetents either get lucky or, unusually, is effective enough to bring their outrage off. The second is not to let our politicians so to play on our fears that we lose sight of how so hugely much more misery is caused by the decisions made by politicians than by the occasional terrorist outrage.

A point which, I suspect, all the countless servicemen from all over the world who got dragged into fighting the Great War might have appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                          not really...
                          What if they're dead?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

What if they're dead?
                            Why are you still talking about it... there is a topic to be discussed in this thread... and you aren't helping
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                            X