Airlines!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
    cant you take ur own snacks on the plane? i know wheni sent my kids flying unsupervised they had a bag specifically for snacks. In thier carry on bag they had all they wanted to snack on
    Not really since 9/11. It mostly depends on whether or not you encounter TSA agents who are on total power trips. Some might have common sense, some might force your kids to eat the snacks right then and there or simply throw them away before getting past the security checkpoint. Exploding Snickers bars are all the rage now with terrorists, donchaknow? There was a report in the news some years ago about an over-zealous security drone who forced a mother to drink her own breast milk out of three separate bottles.

I don't know what the policy is nowadays, but I generally don't get on flights long enough to require any kind of meal or snack (I'll eat whatever they provide for free, but I'm not going to starve absent an in-flight meal/snack), so it's not a problem I've faced.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

No I wasnt aware snickers and mars bars were the method of explosion being used now days.
      I knew about liquids, that was started up again in august of 2005 when my kids flew home from oregon. The snacks they could take.
      I always thought it kind of romantic to take a train, tho i never have, We dont have a lot of amtraks leaving out of san antonio.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

DR that was from 2002

Although I definitely think the liquid rule is idiotic. It's not going to meaningfully stop terrorism, and severely harms our quality of living IMO. (Not THAT severely, but it's enough that the lack of prevention capacity stops it from being a good rule IMHUO.)

Snacks are officially allowed, afaik, as long as they're not liquid snacks Personally I think they should permit airport-bought drinks onto the plane as well [and most airports do permit them, by way of having sales points post-security].
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

If you had time, a train would be nice. They go WAY scenic though. From Dallas to Salt Lake by way of Chicago or something.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I don't mind Airtran. It can get a bit cramped, but they give you a snack and free XM radio. So that's nice.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Frontier was sort of fun to Denver. They had cheap DirectTV (free until takeoff, then like $5 for the flight) on the seat backs
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                DR that was from 2002
                Um, duh? Why do you think I said this?

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                There was a report in the news some years ago...
                The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Singapore Air. I'm not sure if they have a Deleware-Chicago route, though.

The only US airline I actively avoid is American. Maybe its just my bad luck, but they've been responsible for something going horrendously wrong every time I've traveled with them.
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I like Delta.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It mostly depends on whether or not you encounter TSA agents who are on total power trips.
                      A Cathay Pacific pilot told me he hates flying through San Francisco because of the nutbag security. They force the pilot to take off their shoes and their belts at checkpoints. These guys are the pilots. If they want to hijack the plane...

Oh, and Cathay Pacific Best airline
                      Golfing since 67

Comment

Not really since 9/11. It mostly depends on whether or not you encounter TSA agents who are on total power trips. Some might have common sense, some might force your kids to eat the snacks right then and there or simply throw them away before getting past the security checkpoint. Exploding Snickers bars are all the rage now with terrorists, donchaknow? There was a report in the news some years ago about an over-zealous security drone who forced a mother to drink her own breast milk out of three separate bottles.

I don't know what the policy is nowadays, but I generally don't get on flights long enough to require any kind of meal or snack (I'll eat whatever they provide for free, but I'm not going to starve absent an in-flight meal/snack), so it's not a problem I've faced.
                        I take full meals on board all the time. Cheeseburgers, pizza, burritos, etc. It's never a problem if you buy the stuff after you pass through security.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Best bet for Delaware-Chicago is probably to fly out of Baltimore or Philly on Southwest, though also check out American or United, since they've both got big hubs in Chicago, or maybe US Airways if you're flying out of Philly.

Don't know if there are any flights out of Delaware to Chicago... actually, the ever-reliable Wikipedia tells me that the only commercial flight from Delaware is from Wilmington to Atlanta on Delta.

My favorite of the US-based airlines is Frontier; had a great experience with them. Living in Nashville, though, usually means I'll be flying Southwest, and they're pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
                            or maybe US Airways if you're flying out of Philly.
                            Useless Airways
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              I like Delta.

Warning: probably not a good idea to run at work if you have your volume up.

Comment

US Air sucks.
                                MidWest, which I've only flown once or twice, was fine.
                                American is ok, I guess.
                                I actually tend to not mind SouthWest...

Since you're going to Chicago, I'd personally recommend trying to fly into Midway instead of O'Hare. It's a much better airport, IMO. Southwest flies there, cheap, out of Baltimore, IIRC.

-Arrian
                                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                                X