Airlines!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airlines!

I'm flying out to Chicago for my sister's wedding =) So what's your favorite airline? I basically get my pick of the major guys since they're all the same price at priceline/expedia/orbitz etc etc.
    ~I like eggs.~

All airlines suck.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Fly American. They have the most seats in Coach with more leg room.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Reno Air was made of pure awesomeness (as far as budget airlines go), but then American Airlines bought them out and killed it.

Originally posted by LordShiva
        All airlines suck.
        ESPECIALLY American Airlines. They killed the only airline that had direct flights Reno-Chicago at the time at a fair price and decent service. We haven't been home to Chicagoland once since its loss.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

So American is good except for the fact that they bought out Reno? I'm ok with that
          ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Originally posted by ghen
            So American is good except for the fact that they bought out Reno? I'm ok with that
            What part of

Originally posted by LordShiva
            All airlines suck.
            was confusing to you?

Comment

Meh, semantics I'm not going by train!

Apparently American wants $5 for a meal and $3 for a snack boooo. I wonder if thats across the board.. thats from their website.
              Last edited by ghen; July 11, 2007, 20:03.
              ~I like eggs.~

Comment

Most airlines are doing that now...

You should see if Midwest flies to where you want to go out of Milwaukee. They are a semi budget airline that I think still provides first class type seats throughout the whole plane. And they don't charge for food and soft drinks But maybe they have changed.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

cant you take ur own snacks on the plane? i know wheni sent my kids flying unsupervised they had a bag specifically for snacks. In thier carry on bag they had all they wanted to snack on
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Reno Air was made of pure awesomeness
                    Stop. Using. That. Phrase.

Comment

ghen sighting!

For Delaware - Illinois, I would definitely take the train, given half a chance. Get to bring my soul, and seeing the landscapes and towns. Trains are much more comfortable, and it's less of a hassle all around. I really enjoyed my comparatively short ride from Washington D.C. to New York a couple of years back; I'd love to be able to make a longer journey by train in the U.S., and I'm surprised it isn't more popular with not-so-frequent interstate travelers.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                        Trains are much more comfortable, and it's less of a hassle all around.
                        Not when the shortest train ride in question is over 21 hours long, not including layovers (of which there would be at least two, depending on the route you took).

and I'm surprised it isn't more popular with not-so-frequent interstate travelers.

See above.
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Re: Airlines!

Originally posted by ghen
                          So what's your favorite airline?
                          Air New Zealand.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                            Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                            Reno Air was made of pure awesomeness
                            Stop. Using. That. Phrase.
                            Annoying. Wiggly. Puff. Is. Made. Of. Pure. Awesomeness.

Comment

For coming into chicago, figure if you're needing OHare or Midway. Midway can be a bit easier to get into the city from, unless you're staying in the suburbs (midway's about 45 minutes train ride from downtown, while is about the same or a bit more but is dirtier and more at risk of 'traffic' at peak times.

Southwest flies into Midway, I imagine Dover would be your best bet unless you're closer to BWI. Shouldn't cost much.

If you are staying in the west or north suburbs, O'Hare is more convenient. In the south or southwest suburbs, Midway is more convenient.
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X