The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition into the Forces of History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition into the Forces of History

I'm presently reading this book: The Lucifer Principle by Howard Bloom( I would be better to say; I'm vociferously eating this book).

Lots of historical information, lots of information about animal and human behavior. While I find many of his conclusion are lacking empirical proof and he seems to be fast to find conclusion...

The other things, I feel like he want to create " a theory that explains everything"(like Marxism, freudian psychoanalysis, Hegelian philosophy). I learned to be really suspicious towards these kinds of thought.

So, did you read this books, what's your opinion about the books?
    bleh

So, this guy is saying hunger for power is the driving force behind wars and imperial ambitions? Would be kicking an open door.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
      So, this guy is saying hunger for power is the driving force behind wars and imperial ambitions? Would be kicking an open door.
      Do you have read his book?
      bleh

Comment

No, I haven't, hence the question and the "would"...
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

IIRC Howard Bloom is considered a bit loony. But on the sane side of loony.

He is unfortunately often conflated/confused with Harold Bloom, the great literary critic, who is far less loony (except in a good way)
          Last edited by snoopy369; July 10, 2007, 00:33.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I bought the book but never finished it. As you said "I find many of his conclusion are lacking empirical proof and he seems to be fast to find conclusion..."
            What?

Comment

Working...
            X