My weekend at the Pepsi 400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My weekend at the Pepsi 400

I went to the Pepsi 400 over the weekend with two of my friends (none of us are Nascar fans so we made a very unlikely trio at the race), because one of my friends had free tickets. I'd never been to a race before, but I grew up close to Bristol so I've known about it my whole life. Though I could never understand how people could suffer through hours of watching cars go around in a circle. However, after experiencing the race, I realize that in person the races are a billion times more exciting than watching one on TV. Though I'm still not a fan, I just had a really great time at the race. The ability to bring in coolers full of alcohol makes me love the people in charge of races. There's nothing worse than going to a concert and having to play 5 dollars for a 12oz bud. I was able to bring in a cooler full of Sparks for less than the price of two concert beers, and it was awesome!!! For some reason alcohol and watching fast cars goes together perfectly. Also ironically the Jack Daniels car battled with the coors light car for leadership nearly the entire race after some early crashes. Another good thing is that everybody had on t-shirts with there favorite driver's name, number, car colors/main sponsor, and often times the driver's face. Plus I also saw some rednecks nearly come to blows over there drivers. It was hilarious.

All in all my weekend was made out of awesome!!!

Sympathy post.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Having fun and doing new stuff.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I prefer the IRL for oval racing. NASCAR has is too many cars, and gets confusing and hard to follow. The machines are ugly mofos too.

( PS Sports Forum )

Comment

Re: My weekend at the Pepsi 400

Originally posted by korn469
          There's nothing worse than going to a concert and having to play 5 dollars for a 12oz bud.
          I think actually having to drink 12 oz of Bud would trump that.
          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Re: Re: My weekend at the Pepsi 400

Originally posted by Kontiki

I think actually having to drink 12 oz of Bud would trump that.
            That's a very true point. I hate domestic US beers.

Comment

Working...
            X