Leafing forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leafing forever

Is it not inspiring to witness the trees blossoming after the harsh winter, it would truely be nice to see some pictures of the tree and florae in your area.

Leafing forever!

The oak must be one of the more classic trees, but it has an aged dignity that defies trends and fashion does it not?

It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Planted two trees in my backyard earlier today.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Really? What sort were they and how do you intend to keep them safe from vandals and other critters of the wild?
      It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

White pine, so "leafing" doesn't really apply. The backyard is fenced in, so vandals won't be an issue. Rabbits, however, is another thing altogether. For now, we've got the plastic sleeve that they came in still around them in the ground, but we're going to get some chicken wire later this week.

Comment

I salute you and your tree caring ways! But what of mighty gusts of wind, you may find your pines bent and demoralised if your area is prone to hasty weather. Perhaps a wooden support for them to cling upon?

Comment

They're naught but about 10 inches high right now; after we get the chicken wire and remove the sleeves, we'll stake 'em in.

Comment

Working...
            X