Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you doing back?

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

for me the poll option should read as thus:

If you could change the gene, would you remain white or become black?

in which case i would choose the latter. As we all know how i was raised and all...

pieceâ„¢
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
        All the cool people are black.

White people are just kinda... lame...

I mean they have James Brown and Motown and we have the Republican Party.
        1980s' Motown was limper than lettuce on a red hot griddle.

James Brown latterly appeared on stage looking heavily pregnant and with terrible hairdon'ts.

Don't forget- black folks also gots Condominium Reich and Eddie 'Pluto Nash' Murphy.
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Ming,

Your indulgence of Eyes is unseemly, particularly so given the Asher situation.

I know you have a little hero worship for Eyes that dates back to CivII, but seriously. Enough.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

What's the evolutionary advantage of being white? I can see the advantage of being black in that you don't get sunburned as easily.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.â€
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Better camouflage in snow and ice
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                What's the evolutionary advantage of being white?
                The ability to go on Club Med or 18-30 holidays, get sunburnt, then develop picturesque melanomas.

More seriously, I 've heard it explained as a mutation that allows uptake of Vitamin D through the skin in cloudier climes Oop North.

Like Scandinavia.

Also, I've found that being as pale as milk gets me a lotta interest from South American guys and some hunky black guys too...
                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

We don't get beat up by the cops.
                  "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                    Ming,

Your indulgence of Eyes is unseemly, particularly so given the Asher situation.

I know you have a little hero worship for Eyes that dates back to CivII, but seriously. Enough.

-Arrian
                    True

I was about to post something similar in the Asher banned thread, but then decided not to bother. Now I see that others feel the same.

Comment

I'm with Ralph and Arrian
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

What's the evolutionary advantage of being white? I can see the advantage of being black in that you don't get sunburned as easily.
                        Exactly! To determine whether to be of one group or another is good or bad purely on such a minimalist standard as "evolutionary advantage" is inane. It grossly diminishes, even denigrates the wonderful, beautiful diversity of humanity.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Exactly! To determine whether to be of one group or another is good or bad purely on such a minimalist standard as "evolutionary advantage" is inane. It grossly diminishes, even denigrates the wonderful, beautiful diversity of humanity.
                          Denigrates? Isn't that the "turning white"-part?
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

I don't think either thread should be closed, whatever the intentions of the original poster.

I've always thought that questions like this raised interesting ethical issues, particularly with regard to designer children. You can be sure that people in the future will probably be able to select the skin colour of their children and perhaps their sexual orientation as well.

Given our current prejudices and the assumption that people would be free to choose in such cases, it is an interesting dilemma.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

White people are just kinda... lame...

Wrong.
                                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X