None from the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
      None from the US?
      "Shock and Awe"

Comment

Would that count as one wonder or two?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

How many have we destroyed thus far?

Comment

None from the US?
            The national debt, perhaps?

My mother and brother went on a trip to Rome and found the colosseum quite uninteresting. They said it's hard to get excited over the thing after being in a modern stadium two or three times the size.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Erm, Teotihuacan is in Mexico
              I mean the america from alaska to tierra del fuego, not the USA USA america
              I need a foot massage

Comment

I am thinking that Cristo Redentor really blows, I have nothing agaisnt christ, but it is just a statue on top of a mountain.

Isnt the statue of liberty bigga?
                I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas

I mean the america from alaska to tierra del fuego, not the USA USA america
                  Well you referred to being Andean as giving you some sort of prerequisite qualification on this one, which didn't seem at all relevant. It is like me saying that Angkor Wat should be included, as an Englishman
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Actually. by andean, I meant that macchu pichu shouldnt have made it, that I hold that opinion altough of being a marvel from the place I am.

And that teotihuacan is by far the most impressive thing native americans built-
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                      The Bus Shelters of Erith.
                      The ones in Belvedere are better.

Comment

WTF, no Pyramids? Or are they deliberately picking different ones?

Comment

The Pyramids are considered an "honorary wonder" or something, they have special status since they're the only remaining wonder of the ancient world.

I agree that Petra and the Christ Redeemer are lightweights on the list, and Angkor Wat should be there.

What I think is more interesting is that the organization and the list are getting so much press. It's not like they have any kind of monopoly on declaring wonders of the world.

I wonder if the list will have any kind of weight, say, 200 years later. Something like the World Heritage site list might be more relevant.

None from the US?
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Panama Canal > Cristo Redentor.

Comment

If we're having a Canal, why not Suez? I do think it would not be unreasonable to have something from the 19th or 20th centuries there (but not the Christ Redeemer).
                              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

whoa

Panama canal should definitely have been there!! it is awesome
                                I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                                X