Processor prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processor prices

I want to buy a new processor. So far I am thinking it will be C2 DUO E6420 which sells for around $200 here in Bulgaria.

I would like to know if there is an expected sharp price drop in the next couple of months. I am talking about the kind of price drops that happen when new processors are introduced by either othe two main manufacturers.

If there is an imminent price drop I am willing to wait a month or two before buying.
    Quendelie axan!

I think the price drop is supposed to be by the end of this month.
    I changed my signature

Comment

I believe the E6600 is currently considered the best price/performance ratio... in the US it's about $35 more ($185 versus $220) and is 2.4 ghz versus 2.13 ghz (both 1066 FSB, 4M L2, 65nm conroe).

August is what I had heard for when it will drop...
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I have an E6700 and that was a few months ago now...it is the problem with buying computers, the bits you buy at the time always drop in price...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That's why you throw a rock through the window and pilfer them.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
          X