Manchester England England....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchester England England....

I am visiting Manchester on Tuesday for a meeting with a client.

I will be staying in Britannia Airport Hotel
    I will be arriving at about 3pm and I am looking for suggestions on interesting places in the area to visit.
    Quendelie axan!

Moss Side is interesting. Don't take your wallet.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Re: Manchester England England....

Originally posted by Sir Og

I will be arriving at about 3pm and I am looking for suggestions on interesting places in the area to visit.
      Canal Street might give you some diversions.

If you like spicy food, the Rusholme is your destination- Manchester's Curry Mile.

There's Chinatown, the City Art Gallery, the Whitworth Art Gallery, the Science Museum, where Engels used to live ( )Victorian Neo-Gothic architecture by Waterhouse, more clubs and pubs then you could shake a bottle of slivovitz at...

..what are you interested in, and how long are you staying ?

The Official Tourist Board for Manchester and Greater Manchester with information about what to see and do, what's on and where to eat and drink in the region.
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I am staying Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday. But I will be attending a meeting on Wednesday and I am not sure when it will and (most probably 5pm)

I am not particularly interested in the Art Galleries but the Science Museum sounds interesting.
        I don't think I'll be visiting any pubs and bars. Unless some apolytoner insist on buing me a beer
        Quendelie axan!

Comment

I'm going to Manchester for a conference next week too as it happens. We are staying at the Willowbank Hotel. It sounds nice but it's probably a dive.

Comment

take a brolley
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

If you're staying at the aiport and arriving at 3, there's not much time for sightseeing by the time you've checked in and headed into town...
              Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
                take a brolley
                I hear that word for the first time I had to look it up. I will be prepared for rain.
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

Take a brolly too.

Comment

Old Trafford
                    When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

Re: Manchester England England....

I am visiting Manchester on Tuesday for a meeting with a client.

I will be staying in Britannia Airport Hotel
                      Well you've left it a bit late if you want a polymeet!
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by ískallin
                        Old Trafford
                        Yes, but only for the cricket.

Comment

Cricket is rubbish.. Rather for rugby
                          When it all comes to it, life is nothing more than saltfish - Salka Valka

Comment

I am not particularly interested in the Art Galleries but the Science Museum sounds interesting.
                            Here you go, sir:

The 1830 Warehouse is the world’s first railway warehouse. The Manchester contractor David Bellhouse Jr. built it in the remarkably short period of five months

Come fly the friendly skies of Castlefield:
                            Attached Files
                            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Buy some matches and set fire to Old Trafford while you are there.

You're bound to kill about 50,000 Londoners and Malaysians.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X