Clear All

• Worst Customer Support Ever

Can anyone top this?

from "no_reply@mcafeehelp.com"
    to Brundlefly@gmail.com
    date Jul 6, 2007 8:34 PM
    subject RE: McAfeeHelp Email Support Request

Dear Brundlefly,

This is a system-generated email. We have received your online request for support at http://www.mcafeehelp.com. The case number associated with your online request is 23584142. The estimated time it will take us to respond to your issue is 421 hours. Please do not respond to this email.

Thank you for using http://www.mcafeehelp.com for all your support needs!

Sincerely,

McAfee Consumer Support
    Last edited by Brundlefly; July 6, 2007, 20:58.

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

That has to win.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That totally sucks.
        In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

17 1/2 days. Want something different?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Maybe I received this message because I wrote to them telling them their product sucks and I want a refund?

I scanned my pc this morning with VirusScan v7 and came up with 3 bad cookies and 3 'potentially unwanted programs'. Just for the hell of it, I downloaded a trial version of Enigma's SpyHunter v2.9 and ran a full scan at the same time. SpyHunter came up with 30(!) bad cookies, 2 bad files, and 5 bad registry entries..

Comment

I use AVG, that went together with Grisoft, NoAdware, and Registry Mechanic.
                At startup I manually start Spyware Blaster that runs in the background, no icon.
                Sygate firewall.
                CCleaner.
                Registry Booster, that's a sometimes thing.

Comment

Maybe McAfee have had to (finally) admit their sporder.dll problem and have put everybody onto solving that one.
                  Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

Re: Worst Customer Support Ever

Originally posted by Brundlefly
                    Can anyone top this?

"Our records indicate that over the past year, we have received frequent calls from you regarding your billing or other general account information," the letter reads. "While we have worked to resolve your issues and questions to the best of our ability, the number of inquiries you have made to us during this time has led us to determine that we are unable to meet your current wireless needs."

"Therefore after careful consideration, the decision has been made to terminate your wireless service agreement effective July 30, 2007."

I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Maybe I received this message because I wrote to them telling them their product sucks and I want a refund?

I scanned my pc this morning with VirusScan v7 and came up with 3 bad cookies and 3 'potentially unwanted programs'. Just for the hell of it, I downloaded a trial version of Enigma's SpyHunter v2.9 and ran a full scan at the same time. SpyHunter came up with 30(!) bad cookies, 2 bad files, and 5 bad registry entries..
                      I don't know if you're aware that the definition of "bad cookie" is completely arbitrary, as is that of a "bad regstry entry".

Comment

The worst customer service I ever had was from the Wanadoo ISP when they failed to upgrade the speed of my connection (I hadn't ordered an upgrade) and completely broke it for ever. I was without a connection for weeks and they lied constantly about what was going on and I eventually had to give up and go elsewhere - and that took another several days to come on line too.

Wanadoo=Loadapoo. Worst. ISP. Ever.

Comment

lol "Wanadoo"
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

should got Verizon FIOS.

Am I rite, guise?
                            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

More hits doesn't mean the scanner is better. Might as well be SpyHunter is overzealously labelling objects files as dangerous.
                              Last edited by Colonâ„¢; July 7, 2007, 13:40.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                              X