Is this true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this true?

some stories are more heartbreaking to me than others. I can't explain it. Imagine not being able to eat for the rest of your life. I'd just kill myself.

It's horrible, and I'd be happy if it wasn't true. It eerily reminds me of Chuck Palahniuk's short story "Guts".

Spoiler:
    The same thing happens to a teenage boy who is masturbating in the pool, and who ends up *biting* his intestine in half to not drown.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I find the story a little hard to believe. The large and small intestines are fed by two large arteries, the Inferior Mesenteric and Superior Mesenteric Arteries, plus they drain into the portal venous system. It seems to me that such an injury would likely rip those blood vessels, causing rapid exanguation and death from shock.
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

im courious to find out what happen to her colon? that is what is usually attached to the rectum. Did tht go with her small bowel? the small intestines is attached to the colon a bit higher. so one would think it would have to take some of the colon wth it.
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

How many swimming pools do exist and have existed in time ? I'll bet that it's a high number and I find it very strange that it hasn't happened before if it was possible. Add to that the point Dr S mentions, I doubt it's true.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

im seriously doubting as the good dr said that a drain could take her small intestine without taking her colon!! Sucking it anyway. and last i checked depending on the amount of colon or small bowel they have left it is able to be reconnected to the rectum after a time of healing, so for ever on a colostomy bag is out there.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X