So do you think we'll strike back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So do you think we'll strike back?

So when do you think the west has had enough with all this terrrorist crap once in for all? We can't really kill all terrorists, but what will happen is that majority of the Christian west will be extremely fed up at some point. It is when these voices become popular, and I believe they are becoming popular (at least in Europe), there will be 0 sympathy as far as fighting Jihadists goes.

I fear increasing racist violence against muslim citizens in the west when it becomes acceptable, but I also think there will be a day when the kind of laissez faire attitude of terrorism done in the west in the communities where these terrorist come from, that will be the ultimate reason for a bigger face off. Of course only then will the wannabes realize that the west has been quite nice about it, but the pig mouth gear kicks in, it'll be very bad for everyone.

So what do you think it'll take? I think we don't need another 911, something smaller will do it for the most people. I think the danger is, that the west will remove it's PC glasses and starts thinking it as enemy culture, not appreciative about it at all but more like let's demolish it.

What do you think?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

It's 9/11, not 911. One is a date, the other is an emergency phone number.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Ok, if you want me gone, keep it up. I'm not in the mood for it, haven't been in a long time. I have too much work to do, so if no one is up to discussion, I won't bother posting here anymore either. Simply, I have better things to do than put up with **** like this.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Well if Turkey or Morocco went islamist and attacked Greece or Spain perhaps the rest of Europe would hold their back. That's the only way you'd see real full scale war between Christians and muslims.

Comment

We'll strike back after the terrorists blowup the Deathstar.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I think that if you're a non-British muslim the NHS will be very careful about hiring you to work in the UK from now on. It may begin to get difficult for muslim students from outside of Europe to gain entry into European universities and for degree holding muslims from the same areas to get work visas for European countries.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Strangelove, obviously yes. But it's a question of what can you really do about it anyway. You have to take measures, you have to try and when you see a pattern, like this whole doctor thing now, well you need to take action and observe that path more closely now.

When it comes to Europe, I think the bigger problem is the radicalization of young muslim men who are citizens. 2nd or 3rd generation youngsters, getting something new to do, I think there are people ready to carry out missions, it's just a question of giving orders and getting the pawns ready. They are already organized and willing.

What really is interesting to me is how you can be so public about it in Britain, Germany, France etc. You can pretty much openly support terrorism and claim you'll be willing to carry out action. I think we shouldn't show weakness in this regard, I think if we can identify someone as a supporter, that should in itself be a reason for action, not just "oh well". You need to show force, if larger communities can smell this weakness like they are and are supposed to, it'll just breed this kind of behaviour more.

It's difficult though, I don't see how a country could deport it's own citizens, there has to be some sort of principle that citizens are equal, but openly supporting strikes and showing ones own willingness to particiate and we can show it's not a fluke through association and past action and behaviour? Prison. And a strategy where it doesn't mean a large terrorist supporting clique will emerge in prisons, seeing themselves as victims, but more like isolated and make sure no one gets glory out of it.
              In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Ok, if you want me gone, keep it up. I'm not in the mood for it, haven't been in a long time. I have too much work to do, so if no one is up to discussion, I won't bother posting here anymore either. Simply, I have better things to do than put up with **** like this.
                Poor baby. Almost 3000 people died that day, princess. You could at least have the decency to know the difference between 9/11 and 911.

Comment

About 200,000 people die every day, so it's important to clarify that these 3000 were rich people and americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                    About 200,000 people die every day, so it's important to clarify that these 3000 were rich people and americans.
                    Over 400 of the dead were rescue workers (EMTs, police and firemen) and a portion of the civilians were foreign citizens (representing 115 countries) and the civilians were almost entirely office workers, which is generally middle-class. Nice try to denigrate the dead, though.

Comment

Compared to the rest of the world, they were rich.

Not to denigerate the dead.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You're rich compared to the rest of the world. I'm rich compared to the rest of the world. We can play this game until the victims rise from the dead, doesn't make Blake's comment any less of a snide remark.

Comment

Hey, what do you call a gay Arab?

Spoiler:
                          A saudomite!
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                            You're rich compared to the rest of the world. I'm rich compared to the rest of the world. We can play this game until the victims rise from the dead, doesn't make Blake's comment any less of a snide remark.
                            Snide yes, bitter too. It irks me off when people (ie media) casually mention people-outside-the-west getting killed, as if their lives don't matter, or even as if it's a good thing, because you know, it's Americans killing them. I'm not really taking a stab at America, much of humanity is much the same, or would act the same way if they could, America is just good at making it extremely blatant.

Comment

How did the West, or more precisely Europe, reached the current situation?
                              First, terrorism of all kinds is as difficult to eliminate under democracy that it is easy under totalitarian regimes. In Spain, the Basques were quiet under Franco, they started terror under democracy, and then Spain was unable to solve the problem. In Germany and Italy, although microscopic and with no international connection, revolutionary European terrorism was eliminated only after serious efforts. The main difficulty lies in the reluctance of democracy to make life more dangerous for the terrorists without reducing public liberty.
                              Second, when one country, due to selfish and short term interest, allows terrorists organizations to settle, develop and prosper, freely, and even under the protection of its national justice, there is no surprise that it is a territory of choice for new terrorists to begin their activity. When the UK will accept the idea that they are not different of the continental Europe in this respect, it will be possible to think about striking.
                              Statistical anomaly.
                              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X