A British jihadist (Interview)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A British jihadist (Interview)

Hassan Butt, a 25 year old from Manchester, helped recruit Muslims to fight in Afghanistan. Like most of the London bombers, he is a British Pakistani who journeyed from rootlessness to radical Islam

Go at the end of the page to read the interview:

Excerpt:

Taseer: Do you feel some?

Butt: I feel absolutely nothing for this country. I have no problem with the British people… but if someone attacks them, I have no problem with that either.

Taseer: Who do you have allegiance to?

Butt: My allegiance is to Allah, his Shari’a, his way of life. Whatever he dictates as good is good, whatever as bad is bad.

Taseer: You would like to see the caliphate here too?

Butt: Absolutely. How could we restrict something that initially started in Medina but then spread through the entire Muslim world?

Taseer: Would everyone have to be a Muslim, or would it work within our existing society?

Butt: No, it’s a structure of law and order…

Taseer: So you don't see this rise of extremism among British Muslims as rooted in economic disadvantage?

Butt: I think that's a myth, pushed forward by so-called moderate Muslims. If you look at the 19 hijackers on 9/11, which one of them didn't have a degree? Muhammad Atta was an engineer [he was actually an architect and town planner] at the highest level. His Hamburg lecturer said, “I didn't have a student like him.” These people are not deprived or uneducated; they are the peak of society. They've seen everything there is to see and they are rejecting it outright because there is nothing for them. Most of the people I sit with are in fact university students, they come from wealthy families. Islam caters for everybody: the economically deprived and the most educated person. It doesn't make any difference: the message will still be the same. But this myth—that the only reason these people go for Islam is because they have nothing else to do—is a lie and a fabrication. People who say that should be very careful. Even Osama himself, Sheikh Osama, came from wealth that I could never dream of and he gave it all up because it had no value to him. Who can say he came from an economically deprived condition? It's rubbish.
    bleh

lol "Butt"
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

bah, he doesn't even know khalifah is a caliph, and caliphate is khilafah. Indeed, he should take more arabic lessons.

Jews and muslims fighting alongside during crusades to avoid roman rule?

they're being told that to cut the hand of the thief, which Allah ordains in the Koran, is outdated
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
        Jews and muslims fighting alongside during crusades to avoid roman rule?
        If "Roman" means "Roman Catholic" or refers to those on the side of the Pope, this is technically true. Jews were often not terribly enamored with the Crusaders.
        Lime roots and treachery!
        "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
          lol "Butt"
          lol Butt vs. Taser LOL
          Blah

Comment

lol LOL
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Pretty much just an ignorant ****. That he supports groups which want to kill us should be enough for him to spend the rest of his life in prison breaking boulders down to gravel.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron

If "Roman" means "Roman Catholic" or refers to those on the side of the Pope, this is technically true. Jews were often not terribly enamored with the Crusaders.
                I don't deny that, but who calls catholics Romans?
                The Orthodox (and greek-catholics) are called "Romans" (= Byzantines) in arabic, but it is another matter.
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                  I don't deny that, but who calls catholics Romans?
                  The Orthodox (and greek-catholics) are called "Romans" (= Byzantines) in arabic, but it is another matter.
                  Yeah, but this guy admits to not being the greatest Arabic-speaker, so we don't really know that he meant that. I'm just saying that, in certain cases and with certain definitions, his statement is true. I don't pretend to know exactly what he means by "Romans," and since he's an ignorant loony regardless I'm not sure it matters much.
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

It sounds like he just refered to all Christians as being Romans.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                      It sounds like he just refered to all Christians as being Romans.
                      "Roman" is undoubtedly the most overused adjective of all time. We need to spell out once and for all who is, and who is not, Roman.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                          Pretty much just an ignorant ****.
                          No, Butt.
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                          X