Hamas 'Mickey Mouse' killed off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamas 'Mickey Mouse' killed off

Hamas said they'd stop using the Mickey Mouse look a like to push their agenda of hate and true to their word Farfur (their Mickey Mouse clone character) was "retired". Hamas showed a clip of the character being beaten to death by Jews.

Hamas 'Mickey Mouse' killed off
    Palestinian girl watches Farfur on al-Aqsa television
    Farfur is making way for new programmes, al-Aqsa said
    A Palestinian TV station has killed off a controversial Mickey Mouse lookalike that critics said was spreading anti-US and anti-Israeli messages to children.

The Hamas-affiliated al-Aqsa channel aired the last episode on Friday, showing the character, Farfur, being beaten to death by an "Israeli agent".

"Farfur was martyred defending his land," said the show's presenter Saraa.

Israeli critics had said the show was outrageous and some Palestinian ministers tried to get it shelved.

In the final broadcast an actor said to be an Israeli agent tries to buy the land of the squeaky-voiced Mickey Mouse lookalike.

Farfur brands the Israeli a "terrorist" and is beaten to death.

He was killed "by the killers of children", Saraa says.

Al-Aqsa television told the Associated Press news agency the show, Tomorrow's Pioneers, was making way for new programmes.

'Indoctrination'

The channel had ignored demands from Information Minister Mustafa Barghouti for the show to be stopped.

Mr Barghouti said it "was wrong to use a programme directed at children to convey political messages".

In an earlier show, Farfur had said: "You and I are laying the foundation for a world led by Islamists.

"We will return the Islamic community to its former greatness, and liberate Jerusalem, God willing, liberate Iraq, God willing, and liberate all the countries of the Muslims invaded by the murderers."

The Israeli organisation, Palestinian Media Watch, said Farfur took "every opportunity to indoctrinate young viewers with teachings of Islamic supremacy".
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Attached Files
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Re: Hamas 'Mickey Mouse' killed off

Originally posted by Oerdin
    Hamas said they'd stop using the Mickey Mouse look a like to push their agenda of hate and true to their word Farfur (their Mickey Mouse clone character) was "retired". Hamas showed a clip of the character being beaten to death by Jews.

Comment

Hamas showed a clip of the character being beaten to death by Jews.
      Oh my god, that's classic.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Stupid people.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm not sure if this is better or worse than my expectation that he'd strap himself to a "happy magic box" and take a trip to the Wailing Wall or something like that.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I need a foot massage

Comment

While an amazingly repugnant way to go about it, that is the most awesome and creative ending for a children's show I've ever heard of. Kudos to Hamas on this one.
              Last edited by DRoseDARs; July 1, 2007, 14:20.
              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Speaking of offensive imagery...

The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

You know why this is such crap? Because this once again shows the western self mutilation of PC. OK, if some small local channel showed someone take a piss on a certain book, watch out. You might die for it, just randomly, because it was shown in a country where you live in. That is, the west is inherently racist, bigoted and of course has always submitted everyone else and everything is their fault. Everything.

Compare that to this show and the likes. Well, yeah, there's a differnce. Like people getting wildly aroused and 'they don't respect us' with the book clip, but this is OK, this is just showing conviction?

No it isn't. It's propaganda and poisoning the minds of youth. We might have to see propaganda as well, but at least it's not against half the world. Unless you consider news about suicide bombers propaganda, then again the tendency is to cover the operation of Israel in detail, beucase no one has the balls to go to Palestine and follow the crazy ones, they might behead you at some point anyway.

Seek and destroy. That's my only advice. Seek and destroy.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

GG

Comment

Here's the vid:

Comment

"acting"
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

3 year old calling in to show: "We don't like the Jews because they are dogs."

Talk about twisted values.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Are mouses non kosher?
                              I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                              X