Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police read about Chris Benoit's family murder-suicide on Wikipedia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police read about Chris Benoit's family murder-suicide on Wikipedia...

Wikipedia posting is eerie twist in Benoit case
    Web site posting referred to wife's death 14 hours before cops found her

ATLANTA - Investigators are looking into who altered pro wrestler Chris Benoit’s Wikipedia entry to mention his wife’s death hours before authorities discovered the bodies of the couple and their 7-year-old son.

Benoit’s Wikipedia entry was altered early Monday to say that the wrestler had missed a match two days earlier because of his wife’s death.

A Wikipedia official, Cary Bass, said Thursday that the entry was made by someone using an Internet protocol address registered in Stamford, Conn., where World Wrestling Entertainment is based.
    Story continues below ↓advertisement

An IP address, a unique series of numbers carried by every machine connected to the Internet, does not necessarily have to be broadcast from where it is registered. The bodies were found in Benoit’s home in suburban Atlanta, and it’s not known where the posting was sent from, Bass said.

Benoit strangled his wife and son during the weekend, placing Bibles next to their bodies, before hanging himself on the cable of a weight-machine in his home, authorities said. No motive was offered for the killings, which were discovered Monday.

Also Thursday, federal drug agents said they had raided the west Georgia office of a doctor who prescribed testosterone to Benoit.

Rest of the story

:tinfoilhat:
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

He told someone (probably a freind), then decided to kill himself.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Vince McMahon did it for ratings

Comment

-> Mystery Forum

Benoit must have been one of those Wiki-freaks who believe every piece of information on there to be the indisputable truth, and so he had to conform and kill his wife.

Comment

I think you misread the opening post Winston.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

If he wore Astronaut underware he could of driven to Conneticut and back!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                I think you misread the opening post Winston.

JM
                Could well be, but it was the only way for me to be able to so lamely contribute something.

I mean look at Japher. That's the kind of comment I should've come up with.

Comment

If Benoit posted it, technically this would be inadmissible because that qualifies as original research.
                  Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                  Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

An IP address, a unique series of numbers carried by every machine connected to the Internet

Comment

Working...
                    X