Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cort Haus
    The convictions of the 'Birmingham Six' were of course overturned,
    Which doesn't contradict anything I said...

...nor does it mean that 19 civilians (eventually 21) weren't killed in a pre-meditated terrorist attack.

and the provos never claimed responsibility.
    Are you sure ?

On the 30th anniversary of the attacks in 2003, Gerry Adams, the president of the IRA's political wing Sinn Fein, said he regretted the bombings had taken place.

In any case this was rather too coincidental for me:

The explosions coincided with the return to Ireland of the body of James McDade, the IRA man who was killed in Coventry last week when the bomb he was planting blew up prematurely.
    The Guildford Four were also wrongly convicted, but IRA men in prison for other offences admitted responsibility for those terrorist bombings in Woolwich and Guildford too.

So islamic terrorists are worse than IRA? (I mean worse as, IRA were better at terrorism)
    No, as I pointed out, IRA men could blow themselves up too.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
      The car 'bomb' at Glasgow airport sounds a bit half arsed to me.
      it was more mr bean than osama bin laden.
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Last edited by our_man; April 3, 2021, 11:40.
        STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

actually, I think has more to do with the large number of Irish-Americans who vote Republican
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
            Why do the terrorists mess up one thing after another? Not that I'm complaining of course, just wondering. Maybe it's the celebrity effect, you know, young people that get lots of media attention often are unable to cope with all the hype.

Possibilities

1. Al Qaeeda v 2.0 isnt working out all that well. The intense training in the Afghan camps was important to being succcessful terrorists, and just having a group of guys who decide to emualate AQ, without the training, just is no substitute.

Our focus in the West on the motives of suicide bombers, the romance of the suicide bomber, neglects the importance of support infrastructure to making them effective.

2. Its possible (and there are hints from UK) that the authorities were on their tail, and they may have launched prematurely.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

Considering Bush hasn't invaded Ireland yet, I'd say yes.
              Northern Ireland was featured at the Smithsonian Folk Life festival. A picture of a "confident, forward looking, society"

Interesting stuff on the residual ship building industy. And whiskey making, but no samples, unfortunately.
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
              X