No announcement yet.

Jim and the flood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm off shortly. I see you are still on-line. See you there when you get there.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
      Jim and the flood
      Where's a decent-sized bean stalk when you really need it - just to stay clear of the water?

Comment

I hear no stories about civil order breaking down and people going to plunder on a large scale. What's wrong with you Brits?
        Blah

Comment

Move over, fellow prunes.

Texas Drought-Free After a Dry Decade
          Associated Press 07.26.07, 3:50 PM ET

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -

For the first time in at least a decade, Texas was declared drought-free Thursday.

"We've gotten so much rain this year, we've pretty much made up for the past few years' drought conditions in several areas of the state," said John Nielsen-Gammon, the state's climatologist and a professor of atmospheric sciences at Texas A&M University.

Only isolated areas in the northern Panhandle, far West Texas and along the eastern margins of the state are below normal when it comes to rainfall, and they're aren't so dry to be considered in still in a drought, he said.

There's been so much rain, in fact, that flooding has become a problem in some areas, and many farmers are struggling to salvage crops that remain under water, Nielsen-Gammon said. At least 16 deaths have been blamed on heavy rain since mid-June, and property damage has been widespread.

The U.S. Drought Monitor, connected with the National Atmospheric and Oceanic Administration, shows severe or extreme drought conditions in parts of the Southeast and much of the West, but Texas and most of the nation's mid-section is drought-free.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Slowws post reminds me of one of the most legendary blues albums ever.

So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
            Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Oak Cliff boy. A sad day indeed.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Philippines baby!

Come work out on the beach in the sun.

If you get tired you can hire a Filipino guy to lift for you while you drink rum drinks with us!

Or, if not...stay home, swimming is very healthy.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Excuse, I'm just getting excited.

Comment

Go Lancer!!!!

Comment

I'm goin, you goin?

Comment

I sure would like to go.

Comment

THis thread was goin
                          www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                          X