Why is Bob Dylan good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
    I don't know that I agree that he represented rich white kids. I most definitely wasn't rich.

Definetly not "rich kids"; ****in Hippies can't hold down a job...

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob Dylan good?

Originally posted by centrifuge

One can only hope that you'll see the light someday...

Are you one of those picky eaters that decides he doesn't like certain kinds of food, even if he has never tried it?
      hehe, don't get me started on food.

I won't be eating snails or fish eggs anytime soon.

Comment

• I could make another thread *****ing about music, but I won't.

I'll just post this link here.

Comment

• Originally posted by centrifuge

Definetly not "rich kids"; ****in Hippies can't hold down a job...

Really. I've worked since I was 14. I'm 52 now.
          What else the hell do you have to try and say?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Really. I've worked since I was 14. I'm 52 now.
            What else the hell do you have to try and say?

I tend to have a few drinks with my apolyton, so probably my point was not entirely clear...

That was intended as a joke at the expense of Dylan's fanbase ( which if you can't tell includes me) , not at you personally Sloww...

BTW I'm only 32, but I've been working since 11 ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis
              I could make another thread *****ing about music, but I won't.

I'll just post this link here.

http://uk.news.launch.yahoo.com/dyna...ml&e=l_news_dm

Make the thread! I'd back you on that one.

Comment

• Dylan is not a vocalist. I don't think you'd find anyone with a brain cell left who would claim he was, or ever was; but the fact remains, he could and can tell a story.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob Dylan good?

Originally posted by Dis

snails or fish eggs
                  Hmmmmmmmmmmm.............

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Dylan is not a vocalist.
                    You got that right!

but the fact remains, he could and can tell a story
                    You got that right!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob Dylan good?

Originally posted by Dis

no I'm not joking, his music sounds like crap. worse singer ever. I can acknowledge his lyrical contribution, but that's the extent of it. I will never own a Dylan mp3, I won't even go through the trouble of illegally downloading it.
                      Excluding all of the most important points that make Bob Dylan "Bob Dylan", his voice is unique. You may not appreciate it, and there's nothing wrong with that IMO, but I'd suggest that the character of his voice adds a subtle 'flavor' to the words that even brilliant singers such as Baez couldnt capture.
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by cinch
                        McCartney still sang beautifully, but his songs hardly ever really SONGS, rather than showcases for his (amazing) voice and musical ability.
                        Puh.

McCartney wrote yesterday. McCartney wrote Eleanor Rigby.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Why is Bob Dylan good?

Originally posted by SpencerH

Excluding all of the most important points that make Bob Dylan "Bob Dylan", his voice is unique. You may not appreciate it, and there's nothing wrong with that IMO, but I'd suggest that the character of his voice adds a subtle 'flavor' to the words that even brilliant singers such as Baez couldnt capture.
                          Don't forget that Dis is a metal head. If you ask him, he'll tell you that a good singer is one who sounds like a demon or a monster when he sings
                          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirotnikov

Puh.

McCartney wrote yesterday. McCartney wrote Eleanor Rigby.
                            Hah! Yesterday is just another McCartney silly lovesong. Even my mother liked it way back then. Did McCartney ever wrote songs like And Your Bird Can't Sing or Tomorrow Never Knows? I thought not.
                            Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                            And notifying the next of kin
                            Once again...

Comment

• McCartney was the one who did the experimenting with tape loops that eventually turned into Tomorrow Never Knows. ZOMFG, Lennon worshippers pwned again!!!

In describing the yet-unreleased Revolver album, Paul credits himself with making the strange tape loops that would be used on the recording 'Tomorrow Never Knows.' This is confirmed by Beatles studio engineer Geoff Emerick - who, in writings and interviews, agrees that these tape loops were made at home by Paul, who then excitedly brought them into the studio for everyone to hear during the very early stages of the album project.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!
                              Last edited by Drake Tungsten; June 30, 2007, 16:17.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                                McCartney was the one who did the experimenting with tape loops that eventually turned into Tomorrow Never Knows. ZOMFG, Lennon worshippers pwned again!!!
                                That may be but it is still a song that never could have been written by Paul "Silly Lovesongs" McCartney. So I fail to see where the "pwnd" comes in.
                                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                                And notifying the next of kin
                                Once again...

Comment

Working...
                                X