No announcement yet.

Why is Bob Dylan good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Lennon's post Beatles career kicks the crap out of Wings. As evidence I site how groundbreaking cold turkey was for its time against the complete works of Wings. You can't prove me wrong.
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Of course not. It's all a matter of opinion.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Ogie, you don't know jack.

Oh yeah. George was the best of them.
        well, it's hard to compare anything up against While My Guitar Gently Weeps. That's just an amazing song

Taxman is great too.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
          Working Class Hero is better than any of those.
          Pretty dumb song, if you ask me. A lame attempt at doing a Dylan-like song. The kind of song a teen could have written. Fu c k the system! Fu c k school!
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

well, it's hard to compare anything up against While My Guitar Gently Weeps. That's just an amazing song

Taxman is great too.
            Not to mention 'Something'. I love that song.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Credit where credit is due. Ohh thats right, credit would be due Clapton there.
              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

This has strayed a bit from Bob. Not susprisingly.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Uh, no. Harrison wrote it.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Credit where credit is due. Ohh thats right, credit would be due Clapton there.
                    Get your facts straight.

PWNED!

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
                      This has strayed a bit from Bob. Not susprisingly.
                      I love Bob. I couldn't say why, but I really enjoy his music.

Comment

I have several Dylan.

One last thing on the weeping guitar. Clapton played lead guitar on the song when recorded. Harrison did write it.

Ok, back to Bob.

Comment

He's a hero to a powerful generation that has continued glorifying him countless years after his expiry date as a relevant artist.
                          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Bob Dylan Rocks.

If it wasn't for Dylan popular music as we know it, would not exist. He combined popular music with amazing lyrics.

Before Dylan, popular music consisted of lyrics such as:

"She wore an itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny, yellow, polka-dot-bikini" (which isn't such a bad song );

but with Dylan, you got songs with lyrics such as:

"Through the mad mystic hammering of the wild ripping hail
                            The sky cracked its poems in naked wonder
                            That the clinging of the church bells blew far into the breeze
                            Leaving only bells of lightning and its thunder"

...and after Dylan took over, (almost) everyone tried to mimic his song style, and if they couldn't they just re-did his songs.

Also, and to keep the Beatles theme going, Dylan introduced the Beatles to pot; which brought them to LSD etc, and in essence moved them from "I want to hold your hand" to Sgt Pepper, White etc.

Link to the pot thingy:
                            <<http://www.hempfiles.com/php/page.php?id=55>>

Comment

Of course not. It's all a matter of opinion.

Objective criteria like number of top-10 hits and number one albums aren't a matter of opinion. McCartney kicks the **** out of the rest of the Beatles using those measuring sticks, which is why lame Lennon fans have to fall back on personal opinion.
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Don't look at me in that tone of voice. Personally, I would put Lennon 3rd, for my tastes.

Comment

Working...
                                X