No announcement yet.

Al-Qaeda has Taken Over Iraq!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems very clear you never read the OP article as it does an excellent job of supporting the argument.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No, not really. Actually, not at all. I laughed through most of it.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

That says something about you then.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          It seems very clear you never read the OP article as it does an excellent job of supporting the argument.
          No unfortunately I did the brave thing and risked killing brain cells by reading yet again another Greenwald screed. He goes into no detail to support the proposition one way or other that AQ in Iraq is not affiliated with AQ other than offhand dated Cato Institute and Christian Science Monitor preces. Which he cleverly does not provide links to.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Meanwhile he purposely and mendaciously avoids any mention of most current events (ala Drake) and the campaign against AQ in Iraq liekwise the Sunni militant defections and support to US/Iraqi government efforts of same. Expressly done so in order to get dupes thinking a massive conspiracy to label everything AQ.

Seriously lay off the Sockpuppet/Greenwald it's not good for your health.
            Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe; June 27, 2007, 13:11.
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
              I refuse to consider people exploding themselves in crowded places as "insurgents"
              Big Brother is proud of you.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
                How closely is the seperate, different organization al Qaeda in Iraq affiliated with al Qaeda?
                Somebody met somebody who trained with somebody in Afghanistan in a camp where the latrine has a fossilized turd **** five or six years ago by one of bin Laden's actual associates.

They are members of the fan club, though.
                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Considering Abdul Hadi al Iraqi...

Abd al-Hadi al-Iraqi is one of Usama bin Laden’s top global deputies, personally chosen by bin Laden to monitor al Qaeda operations in Iraq. Al-Hadi was the former Internal Operations Chief for al Qaeda. He has been associated with numerous attacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan and has been known to facilitate communication between al Qaeda in Iraq and al Qaeda. Al-Hadi rose to the rank of Major in Saddam Hussein’s army before moving to Afghanistan to fight against the Soviet Union. He has a reputation for being a skilled, intelligent, and experienced commander and is an extremely well-respected al Qaeda leader. He has commanded numerous terrorist training camps in Afghanistan. Al-Hadi is reportedly still in contact with Usama bin Laden.

... was captured while traveling back to Iraq not too long ago, I'd say the connection between al Qaeda and al Qaeda in Iraq is more than just being members of the same "fan club".
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    Embarassing threads like this are what result from reading too much Glenn Greenwald, though. He's an even bigger hack than you. I'd suggest you stick with Matt Yglesias and Kevin Drum from now on; they're Dems (so you'll be able to regurgitate what they say), but they're thoughtful and reasonable Dems...

Besides, Glenn Greenwald writes for Salon and is totally gay.

As you know, Salon refers to France; so does the gayness. Which is why he hates America so much.
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                      Considering Abdul Hadi al Iraqi...

Abd al-Hadi al-Iraqi is one of Usama bin Laden’s top global deputies, personally chosen by bin Laden to monitor al Qaeda operations in Iraq. Al-Hadi was the former Internal Operations Chief for al Qaeda. He has been associated with numerous attacks in Afghanistan and Pakistan and has been known to facilitate communication between al Qaeda in Iraq and al Qaeda. Al-Hadi rose to the rank of Major in Saddam Hussein’s army before moving to Afghanistan to fight against the Soviet Union. He has a reputation for being a skilled, intelligent, and experienced commander and is an extremely well-respected al Qaeda leader. He has commanded numerous terrorist training camps in Afghanistan. Al-Hadi is reportedly still in contact with Usama bin Laden.

... was captured while traveling back to Iraq not too long ago, I'd say the connection between al Qaeda and al Qaeda in Iraq is more than just being members of the same "fan club".
                      So the President of the fan club got a backstage pass to meet the rockstar.

That would be real nice if there was any evidence of real rigid, cohesive centralized command and control, but at the level of every little ******* in the field diggin' a hole by the road or wearing an explosive vest, there's not much evidence of a meaningful connection.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

That's a pretty retarded standard for what qualifies as a "meaningful connection."
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Only to people who don't know what they're talking about.

Comment

You have the gall to accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about after the display of ignorance you've put on in this thread?
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Says you. Forgive me if I ignore the ravings of the usual suspects and concentrate on the posts of informed people.

Comment

So you're choosing to believe Glenn Greenwald over the Washington Post?

KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X