This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Windows (XP) problem

Yes, I'm deliberately ignoring the Technology forum, since nearly everybody here has some Windows experience.

I used to be able to open multiple documents at once by highlighting all teh documents I wanted open, then selecting "Open" from the pulldown menu. Lately, though, when I do this, the system attempts to Open, Move, and Copy each document at teh same time; each doc opens, but I get a dialogue box asking where I want the doc moved to, and another asking where I want it copied to, for every document. This is hapenning at work, so I have no idea what's been installed or upgraded recently. Anyway, has anyone ever seen this, and does anyone know how to fix it?
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Yes, I'm deliberately ignoring the Technology forum

Good on ya.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yes, it's had such success getting answered by "everyone here who knows".
      Including Drake. That was so useful.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Weird Windows (XP) problem

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly
        Yes, I'm deliberately ignoring the Technology forum, since nearly everybody here has some Windows experience.

I used to be able to open multiple documents at once by highlighting all teh documents I wanted open, then selecting "Open" from the pulldown menu. Lately, though, when I do this, the system attempts to Open, Move, and Copy each document at teh same time; each doc opens, but I get a dialogue box asking where I want the doc moved to, and another asking where I want it copied to, for every document. This is hapenning at work, so I have no idea what's been installed or upgraded recently. Anyway, has anyone ever seen this, and does anyone know how to fix it?
        Parkinson's. There's no cure AFAIK.
        What?

Comment

wtf...

Comment

Can we talk sports or history in here?
            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

lol @ Sloww / Ogie

Your system is very wierd. Could it be that when choosing open you mistakenly drag and drop the files?

Comment

How do you know anything about Sloww's and Ogie's systems?
                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                  lol @ Sloww / Ogie

Your system is very wierd. Could it be that when choosing open you mistakenly drag and drop the files?
                  Nope, I'm sure I'm not. But thanks for at least taking a stab at it.

Now, since this thread's been such a roaring success, I'm going to offer it up as an OT experiment: I'm going to post it in the Technology Forum and see if I get any better answers, or at least a higher answer-to-spam ratio.

Let's watch!
                  "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

lawl

Comment

PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                      X