No announcement yet.

Are you mentally ill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would hardly call it social interaction if your shooting them , but it could be considered a necssary need for violent interaction
    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
      i would hardly call it social interaction if your shooting them
      Depends - if you are screaming at them at the same - it counts as a interaction of a social nature surely?
      I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
        i would hardly call it social interaction if your shooting them
        Well if you and the n00wb you are currently pwnz0ring are in the same room I'd say it still qualifies, but I think it would mess with someone developmentally if their only human contact was through XBOX Live.
        Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
        Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

My depression cuts into my videogaming time, does that count?
          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

If you can convince a psychiatrist, yes.

Comment

Psychiatrist? According to my previous GP, I pretty much need to try and kill myself to get to meet a psychiatrist.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Or pony the co-pay to schedule an erroneous appointment with one. Just whip out a copy of the DSM IV, pick a disorder, and quote the symptoms. Probably include a story or something too, arguments from pathos go a long way with those types.

Comment

90% of all shrinks are pill-pushers. trust me. they will gladly diagnose you with anything just to get a buck. then they will force you to take ridiculous amounts of pills (to get even more bucks) and not care if you are destroying your brain. then the side effects of your "medication" end up being worse than the original "symptoms" you supposedly had. so what do the shrinks then do to solve this problem?

they raise your dosage. ****ing bastards.
                  pieceâ„¢
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                    Or pony the co-pay to schedule an erroneous appointment with one. Just whip out a copy of the DSM IV, pick a disorder, and quote the symptoms. Probably include a story or something too, arguments from pathos go a long way with those types.
                    Co-pay?

As for pill-pushing, I'm tired to death of hearing that line. My doc doesn't get a ****ing cent from pills she prescribes.

Comment

seems like shes hooked you pretty good then
                      pieceâ„¢
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                        90% of all shrinks are pill-pushers. trust me. they will gladly diagnose you with anything just to get a buck. then they will force you to take ridiculous amounts of pills (to get even more bucks) and not care if you are destroying your brain. then the side effects of your "medication" end up being worse than the original "symptoms" you supposedly had. so what do the shrinks then do to solve this problem?

they raise your dosage. ****ing bastards.
                        pieceâ„¢
                        Well that's not always the case for depression. They have to determine the source of it. Endogenous, or Exogenous. If it's endogenous, then there are soem forms of talk therapy which work, but by and large the biological theory is the one which is currently winning out and getting lots of funding. It's also the most effective.

Comment

Truly, a question I have frequently wondered about many of the posters on Poly...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I think it's all about being able to support yourself. If I want to play WoW for all my life and nothing else, what's wrong with that? IF I can support myself, that is I don't have to use support in order for me to just play this game... what's wrong with this picture? Nothing really.

How is virtual reality any worse than 'real reality'. How is the other one any less real? I mean, we do consider the internet pretty real as well these days.

It's a joke and often taken as 'the truth' and the way it should be, when people say well, if it hurts your private life, then it's a problem. Well, if that IS your private life, then how is it hurting anything? If you are able to function and get your own damn money, I'm not going to tell you what to do with it. I'm not going to tell you waht to do with your life even if you recieved support. Like playing games? Play games then.

Like I said, flipping burger requires social skills. So what? Yeah, you need that in all jobs pretty much, but content usually still rules over anything else, besides, most people I see at the job have 0 social skills, just 0. They don't even say Hi to you, not because they don't like you, but because they are so akward about it. Yet, they're researchers, professors, all kinds of people. But I guess these jobs didn't count, only McJobs count, right?

Sloww, I agree with you . And I don't piss off these people anyway, why would I? By default anyway, they're doing a job that's not the most appreciated one, it doesn't pay very well and yet there's certain demands all the time. Why would I think they're doing a less of a job? I don't think that. I don't put a value to a job in that way, one of the workers I respect the most is the cleaner at our department. Of course she's pretty hot too It's those jobs that require certain skills, perhaps unappreciated ones but skills none of the less, and let's just not appreciate them and see them gone and see how long it takes until we truly want them back. A week? It wouldnt' take very long for the appreciation to kick in.

But if I catch a burger punk spitting in my food, I'll kill that ****er.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

What does this question mean in the OP? Are we polytubbies or not?

Blah

Comment

I think gaming can be an obsession, not an addiction. Some people might need help with that. So I think it should be covered by insurance.

As far as kids go. God damn, some people need to be better parents if they are letting their kids play games instead of socializing and studying.
                                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                                X