Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poly Referendum: What do you think of the new tech subforum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just what we need... yet another thread on this subject.

Well... since people want the poll... back open again.

But, this is still not a democracy
    Last edited by Ming; June 25, 2007, 15:12.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I still think we need a zombie sub-forum for all the zombie threads.

How are we susposed to find out how to survive a zombie attack or what weapon is best against zombies if we can't quickly locate the proper zombie thread?

It could be a matter of life or death!!!
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I didn't even realize we had got one before I read the A/C thread.

Ming: It's no democracy, but our benevolent leader(s) have a tendency of listening to us if we make a good case.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I really really appreciate the admins and their hard work.

But this decision is very bad.
          Splitting the already shrinking OT into small islands of content is the opposite of what we should be having.

Instead of a single, lively OT, with all sorts of interesting posts, we now have 4 different forums (1 main, 3 sub, and 1 more if you count Other games) all of which are very slow and have an average 10 posts per day.

It is very simple.
          Where would you rather spend your time at:
          1) a big house party with many people, where you have lots of people, who arbitrarily talk about different interesting issues

2) 5 different house parties (in adjustant houses) where each party has only about 5 people, and you are only allowed to talk about a single subject. Each time you want to discuss something else, you have to go to a different house. Some people only go to a single place, so if you have different friends in different parties, your chances of having a beer all together are slim.

I think it is that simple.

Long live the Apolyton OT

Comment

I think they should make Asher the mod for this new forum
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
              I really really appreciate the admins and their hard work.

But this decision is very bad.
              Splitting the already shrinking OT into small islands of content is the opposite of what we should be having.

Instead of a single, lively OT, with all sorts of interesting posts, we now have 4 different forums (1 main, 3 sub, and 1 more if you count Other games) all of which are very slow and have an average 10 posts per day.

It is very simple.
              1) a big house party with many people, where you have lots of people, who arbitrarily talk about different interesting issues

2) 5 different house parties (in adjustant houses) where each party has only about 5 people, and you are only allowed to talk about a single subject. Each time you want to discuss something else, you have to go to a different house. Some people only go to a single place, so if you have different friends in different parties, your chances of having a beer all together are slim.

Long live the Apolyton OT
              Indeed.

Comment

There is a tech subforum?

I can't say whether I like that or not, I only read threads by Lancer anyway.

Comment

This poll needs check boxes, not radio buttons.

Anyway, to unnecessary subdivisions.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

evens at this stage with 40.54% each and the remainder bananas.
                    On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

There is option missing form the poll.

"The admins are bad idea, delete them"

My opinions can be changed if I made mod of the NationStates forums or the Team AC forum was deleted.
                      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                      The video may avatar is from

Comment

I'd rather be assraped with a menorah than be in any way associated with "the current administration".

But thank you for the compliments.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Big whoop. Name one thing you wouldn't rather be assraped over. There's a challenge.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

A Greek.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

You win again.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
                                It is very simple.

I hate big parties. I would totally prefer the 5 person party with a single subject. Better yet I know what we will be talking about so I don't have any anxiety about making small talk. I just go to the party that suits my interests.

Brilliant idea. I wish all parties were organized that way.
                                Last edited by OzzyKP; June 26, 2007, 08:41.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X