are you buying civ4 expansion pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Civ4 and Warlords, but never play them because I don't like them

I'll probably get BtS too, though, and start a game and not get around to finishing it, and also play some of the scenarios, and then lose interest and leave it to gather cyberdust on my hard drive.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

I'll probably get BtS too, though, and start a game and not get around to finishing it, and also play some of the scenarios, and then lose interest and leave it to gather cyberdust on my hard drive.
      What happened? You liked Civ4 so much. BTS will probably will change the game enough to make civ4 more interesting than Warlords did.
      USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
      The video may avatar is from

Comment

I've started to get bored of the combat system, so no, I won't be buying this one.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I pre-ordered it a few months ago. I still play Civ 4 and 3. In 3 I downloaded the RAR mods, and boy does it have a ton of units. I build most of them. I wished 4 had more units.

Comment

I intend to get Dark Avatar first, but as it's too expensive for now it might yet take a while before I buy Civ4 and its packs.

And the decision to feature The HRE and the Native Americans is retarded. Civ4 already had the Germans and the Indians.
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I think I might buy SMAX instead. Is it still available?
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢
                I intend to get Dark Avatar first, but as it's too expensive for now it might yet take a while before I buy Civ4 and its packs.

And the decision to feature The HRE and the Native Americans is retarded. Civ4 already had the Germans and the Indians.
                Are you calling Shiva a Native American?

BTW, leave the anti-HRE threads to CFC (they are gaining on 20 threads when we have 1)
                Last edited by Will9; June 26, 2007, 10:42.

Comment

I probably will. But isn't it time we had a new SMAC.
                  On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Definitely. The question is whether I should order it from an online company like play.com and hope they ship it at the start of the week (To arrive by the Friday)... I did that last time and it didn't arrive until about 5 days after the release date, which did not make me a happy bunny!

Comment

In the UK, Amazon for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

Basically my situation.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

yeah I will buy it from the high street as soon as I can
                          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Colonâ„¢

Don't confuse Indians in India for Native Americans in America.

Comment

I won't buy BTS...

A few things about Civ4 bother me:

1--1v1 combat. Having dozens and dozens of units just gets tedious. They really need a different system, eg army units, instead of so many small units.

2- AI is just dumb about everything. It doesn't play at all like a human would in MP. AI's can be won over by switching to their religion or other superficial things, whereas humans are strategic.

3-Too much micromanagement. Tweaking citizens, workers, city placement, etc takes a LOT of time but is necessary to be a high-level player.

4-Graphics. Ugh. I have not seen an uglier game released in the last 3 years.

Also, BTS seems to add too many units. The units that are there aren't used enough in the normal game, anyway...And many of the complex features might be too much for the AI to handle well.

And, sorry, adding the UN to the early game and ripping off galciv2's espionage system is not that special.
                              Last edited by Wiglaf; June 26, 2007, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                                I won't buy BTS...

A few things about Civ4 bother me:

1--1v1 combat. Having dozens and dozens of units just gets tedious. They really need a different system, eg army units, instead of so many small units.

2- AI is just dumb about everything. It doesn't play at all like a human would in MP. AI's can be won over by switching to their religion or other superficial things, whereas humans are strategic.

3-Too much micromanagement. Tweaking citizens, workers, city placement, etc takes a LOT of time but is necessary to be a high-level player.

4-Graphics. Ugh. I have not seen an uglier game released in the last 3 years.

Also, BTS seems to add too many units. The units that are there aren't used enough in the normal game, anyway...And many of the complex features might be too much for the AI to handle well.

And, sorry, adding the UN to the early game and ripping off galciv2's espionage system is not that special.
                                Your coments about the AI are pointless in saying why you won't buy BTS. Also, the new AI should help reduce micromanagment.

Comment

Working...
                                X