Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• happy midsummers day

Maybe it's tomorrow?

Anyway, it's celebration time in here, perhaps the biggest party weekend in this country. People go to their cabins, do sauna and beer 48/h straight and then have a heart attack.

I'll be spending this year peacefully with few of my friends, nothing elaborate. It's good though, because I'm a bit tired and in need for a peaceful time, just drink some beer and sit down and enjoy. Suits me perfectly this time around anyway.

Well... have a happy one

In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Enjoy it!

It is certainly not midsummer here.............
    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

We don't need a midsummer celebration. Our days are long enough.
      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Raining like hell in here, happy midsummer. Have some strawberries though that will lighten up the day.
        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
          We don't need a midsummer celebration. Our days are long enough.
          In Quebec (maybe Canada in general)we have this idea that we're a "Northern" Country, because of the harsh winter.
          It can be argued in terms of climate, but in terms of pure latitude (so for effects like length of day, that depend on latitude and not climate), we're not that northerly.

For example, even Quebec City is south of Paris, and Ottawa would be in Southern France of Northen Italy, in terms of latitude.

Anybody in London experiences longer day in summer than almost anybody in Quebec, (and that's not speaking of evil Fins).

Comment

I hope the party is still going on in sweden on saturday, have a good one
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Don't you have school work to do Pekka?
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Happy Winter Solstice.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                  Happy Winter Solstice.

In fact it is so wintery down here that Queenstown has had to delay the opening of Winterfest due to too much snow!

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Why in the world is it called "midsummers day." It's not the middle of summer but the beginning.

Comment

I think it comes from Summer Solstice - the longest day.

But as this was a "pagan" celebration it was renamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nugog
                        I think it comes from Summer Solstice - the longest day.

But as this was a "pagan" celebration it was renamed.
                        Longsummer's Day makes sense, then. Or even Firstsummer's Day.

Comment

it's not even "mid" anything?!
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Whatever you pagan hating logicals, is it not enough that we dance around a giant leafy phallus and drink extraordinate amounts of booze?

It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

hot today

Comment

Working...
                              X