I like my action stars to look like dirtbags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like my action stars to look like dirtbags

just announcing the new die hard movie is coming out soon. Although it doesn't look very good from the previews. .

I've always like Bruce Willis as an action hero. He looks like total crap in the Die Hard movies . He doesn't look like some weightlifter who never sits foot outside of a gym. He looks like a real man. He's an old school type action star. And don't get me started on all these pretty boys now days. Ben Affleck? come on!. I know it's equal treatment and all that. Women want eye candy. But they should get eye candy for their films. they shouldn't be taking that away from guy films. You have your chick flicks, give us our guy films. Or perhaps they are put in these films for gay men, but I doubt that.

The truth is they are put in films because of greedy movie studios. They want as wide an audience as possible. this is why there are very few rated R films. I was watching dirty harry today on cinemax. You'll never see a film like this again. Merciless violence and gratuitous nudity

The simple fact that he doesn't say "Yipee-kai-yay, mother****er," makes me not want to see it anymore.
    B♭3

Comment

Russell Crowe pwns all others
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I knew you'd mention gladiator. He's okay, but too good looking for my taste.

Comment

How do you know I wasn't talking about Master & Commander or Cinderella Man?
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

The elephant man would make a good action hero.

Comment

Dis, as soon as I saw the title of this thread I thought "Bruce Willis"

Yeah, pretty cool stuff though, I don't prefer pretty boys either.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                The simple fact that he doesn't say "Yipee-kai-yay, mother****er,"
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

The simple fact that he doesn't say "Yipee-kai-yay, mother****er," makes me not want to see it anymore.
                  How the hell can they take that out?!

I thought I heard it in a preview, where did you hear that they took it out?
                  Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ratings? What was the movie rated?

edit: PG-13. Maybe mother******* is R rated language?

Some reviews I'm reading online indicate that it would make it R rated. Odd, that you can see it in PREVIEWS that are not R rated [during Oceans 13 for example]. Ah well, who knows.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

So saying that is "R", but death and destruction isn't.
                      Ok then.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                        Ratings? What was the movie rated?

edit: PG-13. Maybe mother******* is R rated language?

Some reviews I'm reading online indicate that it would make it R rated. Odd, that you can see it in PREVIEWS that are not R rated [during Oceans 13 for example]. Ah well, who knows.
                        From the MPAA

A film's single use of one of the harsher sexually derived words, though only as an expletive, shall initially require the Rating Board to issue that film at least a PG-13 rating. More than one such expletive must lead the Rating Board to issue a film an R rating, as must even one of these words used in a sexual context.

So, he can say it once and still retain the PG-13 rating.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is also PG-13.

ARRR!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

MPAA are blow buddies with RIAA.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

How the hell can they take that out?!

I thought I heard it in a preview, where did you hear that they took it out?
                            I saw a press piece where Bruce was apparantley unhappy as he was only allowed to say twice in the movie.........
                            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Well he can't in the general previews use the word ****er, but maybe in the actual thing..

Comment

Working...
                              X