world to end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world to end

I believe it. I believe we are all doomed. And there is no saving it. Even if some nations curb their emissions, most will not.

I saw a great film last night called "Last Day" about the last day before the world ended. Sandra Oh was in it.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've previously heard predictions of oceans rising by 20 feet (~ 6 meters), and I think "An Inconvenient Truth" says pretty much the same things.

So, not much new here.
      Last edited by Zkribbler; June 19, 2007, 22:03.

Comment

bought time....
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Instead of sea levels rising by about 40 centimetres, as the IPCC predicts in one of its computer forecasts, the true rise might be as great as several metres by 2100. That is why, they say, planet Earth today is in "imminent peril".
          2100. That's plenty of times to screw ourselves in a different manner.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Buy houses in tall places
            I need a foot massage

Comment

That worked out well for the WTC, didn't it?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

The Independent loves worst-case apocalyptic scenarios, and loves scaring people ****less. The Indie is to the environment what the Daily Mail is to immigration.

Comment

The problem with these ridiculous "the world is coming to an end" assertions is that they assume "business as usual", that's not how things work. once the **** starts hitting the fan I'm predicting climate modification schemes. Crises have a tendency of shaking people out of complacency and let loose a society's creative energies.

Comment

Oh sure. Planning is so mundane. Reactionary is the only way to go. (cough)

Comment

problem is that it's not something you clan plan for... only prepare,since you don't really know what you are planning for
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

That's all planning is, really. Preparation. Having a backup...preparation.

Comment

Get your ass to Mars.
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                            The problem with these ridiculous "the world is coming to an end" assertions is that they assume "business as usual", that's not how things work. once the **** starts hitting the fan I'm predicting climate modification schemes. Crises have a tendency of shaking people out of complacency and let loose a society's creative energies.
                            The problem is that once the excrement hits the air conditioning, people start dying. Even if fixed then, the consquences will be far greater than fixed now.
                            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                              Buy houses in tall places
                              I guess that explains "The Jetsons." A grim vision of things to come.
                              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                              X