High Winds Injure Fans at Music Festival in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Winds Injure Fans at Music Festival in Italy

Anyone seen Datajack Franit, or is he now in Oz?

The Heineken Jammin' Festival in Venice, Italy was cut short today by what Reuters news service is describing as a "whirlwind" that blew down sound towers, uprooted trees and overturned vehicles, injuring 25 festival attendees in the process.

"I've never seen weather like it," one eyewitness told NME.com. "My Chemical Romance were due to play but then the sky just went black. There were really strong winds and massive hailstones and everything just got blown away. The sound desk, tops of stages, everything. It was really shocking."

The rest of today and tomorrow's performances have been cancelled, although festival organizers are still holding out hope that Sunday's lineup can go on as scheduled. Among the bands that were scheduled to appear today were The Killers, Linkin Park and Pearl Jam. Smashing Pumpkins and Aerosmith were due to headline tomorrow.

—The ARTISTdirect Staff
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

"My Chemical Romance were due to play but then the sky just went black. There were really strong winds and massive hailstones and everything just got blown away. The sound desk, tops of stages, everything. It was really shocking."
    Intelligent weather.

Comment

Working...
    X