Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, it isn't a childrens' book.

And DaShi, you're a meathead.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yes, well then you're a dairybrain.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

A dairybrain? No, I can put up with a lot, but that crosses the line.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Hey, you started it. You know I don't hold back.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Ok, Cort. As far as we two are concerned, it's 1 Yes and 1 No.

Comment

It's for the whole family, young and old.
              Blah

Comment

It's a family thing.

Comment

Have not read it. Doubt i will either. Voted for the :banana:

Comment

Be content with ignorance. It's a lot easier, isn't it?

Comment

If the cliché be forgiven, I think it's a book for all ages.
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

I played Lord of the Rings Online for a while. Can I vote? Tom Bombadil is one of the most important quest givers in the late teen levels, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Be content with ignorance. It's a lot easier, isn't it?
                          I never liked the tolkien mythos
                          And your nickname makes insults far too easy

Comment

No
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                              'The Hobbit' is a book for children. 'LOTR' is a book for geeky teens.
                              Geeks hadn't been invented when it was written.

Comment

It's as much a children's book as The Once and Future King is. IMO, kids don't have the attention span to get through the movie, let alone the book. Also, if it is was meant for kids, it would have more pics. I would say preteens early teens would be a good time to read it, or after they are done reading Harry Potter and the Narnia series.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X