Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will someone please bomb the Republic of Bono?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will someone please bomb the Republic of Bono?

That is all.

I quite like a lot of the music. I'll pass.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The music will remain. His best stuff was 20+ years ago anyway. It's the sactimonious posturing that we need to be rid of. He thinks he's more important that the elected leader of Canada.

Comment

He is. He's also more important than the Queen of England.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
          The music will remain. His best stuff was 20+ years ago anyway. It's the sactimonious posturing that we need to be rid of. He thinks he's more important that the elected leader of Canada.
          My mother's dog is more important than the elected leader of Canada.
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
            What did he do this time?
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

He's trying to run G8 meetings.

News item:
              Two of world's most famous anti-poverty activists tore into Stephen Harper on Friday, accusing Canada of blocking progress on the G8's aid package for Africa.

Commentary :

Those who refused to meet with Bono were held up to public ridicule. Canadian PM Stephen Harper, invited to discuss Canada’s aid contributions with Bono, declared: ‘Meeting celebrities isn’t my kind of schtick. That was the schtick of the previous guy.’ (The previous guy being former Canadian PM Paul Martin, who met with Bono several times and struck up something of a friendship with the rocker.) (10) Bono was severely chastened: How dare a leader of a powerful nation refuse to meet me?! His revenge was swift and unforgiving. He declared that his ‘numerous sources’ inside the summit – apparently so many delegation members were passing insider information to Bono that ‘it’s as if we have the place bugged’, Bono said – had told him that Harper was blocking progress on aid for Africa. ‘We know who’s causing the trouble and who isn’t. And we know that Canada blocked progress. We know that Harper blocked it.’
              The political magazine that wants to change the world as well as report on it. For humanism, democracy and freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                He is.
                Maybe you should vote for him, then.

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                He's also more important than the Queen of England.
                So is everyone else IMO.

Comment

CH, what's your opinion on that Bob Geldof guy? He was all over the Kraut media recently due to the G8 thing and his Save Africa crusa.....I mean help stuff. Even more than Bono.
                  Blah

Comment

Bob Geldof is the other half of the duet. They are a tag-team.

Comment

Who the hell is Bob Geldof?

At least Bono is famous.

Comment

Only his hat is famous.
                        Blah

Comment

Are you thinking of Gandalf?

Comment

Gandalf's hat isn't really that famous. You can id Gandalf without hat quite well, but Bono without hat looks just stupid. If he were cool he wouldn't wear the hat. Gandalf only has it because of his job.
                            Blah

Comment

Bob Geldof started all this off with Live Aid about a thousand years ago, as been been an unofficial spokesman for himself, I mean Africa, ever since.

One upon a time he was a singer in an Irish punk band called The Boomtown Rats.

Comment

Working...
                              X