Diablo Valley College Sex Scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo Valley College Sex Scandal

Here's 60 students who refuse to accept bad grades laying down...or who, laying down, refuse to accept bad grades.

Students May Have Offered Sex, Money For Better Grades
    Scandal May Lead to Felony Charges At Bay Area Community College

PLEASANT HILL, Calif. -- A "pay for grades" scam, allegedly being run by workers in the records office at Diablo Valley College in the San Francisco Bay Area, is now being investigated by Contra Costa County authorities as a possible scandal involving students offering sex in return for grade changes.

The deputy District Attorney on the case said he may file charges against more than 60 people by the end of July in the community college grade scam that may stretch back to the year 2000.

Dozens of students are suspected of paying up to $600 to records-office employees for each improved grade, according to a report published in the San Francisco Chronicle.

At first 84 students were suspected, but Diablo Valley College officials said at least 20 have been cleared, according to the published report.

The scam began soon after a new management system designed by a firm called Datatel was installed in the college district in 1999, Gary Fincher, DVC's admissions and records director, told the Contra Costa Times in a story published Tuesday.

A student employee figured out how to run the grade scam and later told others, Fincher said in the Chronicle report. The scheme was discovered in January 2006, according to the newspaper and administrators believe as many as 400 grades may have been changed, some more than once.

Some of the students may have transferred to four-year colleges, including campuses at the University of California and California State University systems.

But officials at campuses that may have been affected say they would have to be provided names before they could start investigating.

So far there has been no comment from the college.

Sweet. I used to live right by there!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Diablo

Comment

Mount Diablo is surprisingly tame and boring. Typical of California in general.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
          Mount Diablo is surprisingly tame and boring. Typical of California in general.
          California is tame and boring...as opposed to, say, Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            California is tame and boring...as opposed to, say, Canada?
            Yes. Women don't need to wear tops here. Our land is also far more diverse and extreme.

Comment

Don't their hooters freeze and fall off?

Comment

Delusional doesn't even begin to describe you Asher... What would you care if women wear tops or not?!
                Monkey!!!

Comment

It makes it more interesting. Guys get more wood, it makes it easier to play the gay guessing game.

I saw lots of nude cyclists on saturday...

Comment

In Argentina a month ago there was a case with sex tape included of a teachers with pupils orgy
                    I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      It makes it more interesting. Guys get more wood, it makes it easier to play the gay guessing game.

I saw lots of nude cyclists on saturday...
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X