Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serb
    The story smells like a bullsh!t.

He was later identified as Igor Vaclavic, a former soldier from the Russian army.

Vaclavic sounds like an abrakadabra for my Russian ear. It sounds more like a Balkan last name, but not Russian. On the other hand, Igor is a Russian name. So I think this whole story is just a fake.
    Definitely! That was my first thought also. Probably a Serb or Serbian immigrant to Russia.

Comment

But immigrants usually don't serve in our military, esp. in special forces.

Originally posted by VetLegion

Definitely! That was my first thought also. Probably a Serb or Serbian immigrant to Russia.

I swear it wasn't me!
      Last edited by Serb; June 15, 2007, 21:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Dude, if there were American ninjas I'd be proud.
        Actually, I don't care about the guy. He is a criminal. It doesn't matter what nationality he is.

I find the story suspicious and think that it could be that:
        a) the journalist who wrote this story made a mistake
        b) the so-called ninja lied to cops
        c) the story is a fake
        Last edited by Serb; June 15, 2007, 21:53.

Comment

He's not a criminal, he's awesome.

Comment

1) He is a criminal. He isn't awesome. He was busted. A real ninja would commite a sucide, but not get caught.

2) A story about the suppose to be a Russian man with a Russian name, but non-Russian last name, camouflaged in an all black suit, with a powerful bow in one hand and a knife strapped to his leg and carrying night scopes and a head torch at the same time sounds like a BS, imho. Esp. considering: When asked about his chosen disguise, he told police he had been inspired by his boyhood idol - Robin Hood. I find it very unlikely, since, imho, Robin Hood is a weird choice of boyhood idol for soviet children. How old is he? In SU the stories about Robin Hood were not as widespread as on the West.

Comment

Originally posted by Serb
              In SU the stories about Robin Hood were not as widespread as on the West.
              You'd think that would be the other way around.
              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Just how many movies about Robin Hood you've seen when you were a kid?

I've seen one.

Comment

I wasn't disputing the statement, just finding it ideologically odd.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Too much vodka I think
                    diseasesarchive.com

Comment

That Robin hood dude in that pic, wears waaay to much makeup.

Space05us, how's it going? It's been ages since I've seen you posting.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yeah he looks like woman
                        diseasesarchive.com

Comment

He's from the 50s/60s, I assume. Everyone involved in the big or small screen back then wore excessive makeup, whether male or female. Check out "The Ten Commandments" sometime, Charlton Heston looks absurd.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                          X