Woken up this morning by a drunk homeless man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woken up this morning by a drunk homeless man

I'm moving soon to a house, with my mom who I currently live next door to. (long story, just believe I'm the 20 year nerd that still lives at home with mommy if you want)

She had a yard sale last weekend and this guy came to ask her if we needed help moving, she told him no. I didn't know that, after all my mom is the type to be kind to drunk homeless types. So when he woke me up, by tapping on my window with a rock, and asked me if we needed help I told him I wasn't sure. I would have told him off, but like I said, mom is the nice socially progressive type. He said he would be back in a few days to ask again, since he's really looking for work, all I could say was "ok".

Just thought I would share and see what discussion cropped up.

I would have killed him outright, thats what homeless people are for.

He woke you up? Wierd.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Oh, sorry. I didn't realise that you were sleeping.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Very... odd
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Honestly I'm beginning to think I need to pause and ask myself, "What would Pekka do?".

Comment

If you live in a Big City, then you probably shouldn't be nice too much... it's a big risk. But if you live in a Small Town or even a Large Town That Calls Itself A City, then you're probably okay.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

You should have established fear in his head.

Why? He is just checking out your place, so he can later on come and rob it.

Learn life, or life ends.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                You should have established fear in his head.

Why? He is just checking out your place, so he can later on come and rob it.

Learn life, or life ends.

If you live in a Big City, then you probably shouldn't be nice too much... it's a big risk. But if you live in a Small Town or even a Large Town That Calls Itself A City, then you're probably okay.

I live in Albuquerque, it's a big city compared to where I lived in Alaska.

I guess I should be more cautious about such things, but I find it very difficult to be afraid of anyone these days. That coupled with my natural niceness doesn't make me a very terrifying person.

Comment

you have to ask your mother if she wants this guy around

just keep in mind the south park episode about homeless people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                    ...just keep in mind the south park episode about homeless people.
                    I can't get it out of my head. Everytime I pass by a homeless person, the zombian moan echoes through my brain: "Chaaaaaaange."

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
                      Oh, sorry. I didn't realise that you were sleeping.
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                        you have to ask your mother if she wants this guy around

just keep in mind the south park episode about homeless people.
                        I talked with her the minute after the dude left, she told him that we didn't need help. I'll just make sure he understands that next time he comes around, by shaking his hand, looking him in the eye and saying "Thank you, but we do not need help." Because I'm a chump..er champ!

Really though, there's no need to instill fear in a man I'm not afraid of.

As for the South Park episode, it's a half-truth. You can be kind to homeless people, just don't let them walk all over you. As with everyone, be kind but firm. Give them some money, if they ask for more knock the front teeth out of their skull.

Though, I don't have that problem as I don't carry cash on me of any kind, this is the world of tomorrow, everything is electronic! Money included. So when I tell them I don't have any spare change it's not a lie.

For this guy in particular, like I said, I will be kind, but let him know he doesn't have opportunity here. Problem solved, if not, I really will knock his front teeth out*.

*if he still has them

Comment

Working...
                        X