Ads from Allstate drive a debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just recently out here in Sacramento,CA

a politican whom penned a bill to make it illegal to drive with cell phones, recently hit sveral cars and was spotted driving erractically- (many cell phoned in that fact)-than tried to blame it on her health condition

....while talking on a cell phone

age and brains - old or new can be dangerous
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

That was exactly one of the points the article was making. This myopic focus on teen driving ignores the many driving issues for all drivers. No matter who is behind the wheel, driving is dangerous.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Its not myopic at all. Its pragmatic. There are clusters of problem drivers at both ends of the age scale but only one of those groups can vote. Obviously, no politican will go after such a group.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

If teens got behind the wheel behaved like they were holding a gun I bet we'd either have a lot more car accidents or more school shootings.

also

Isn't it odd that if you learn to ride a motorcycle before you are 20 that your insurance will be less, for life? (record dependent)... The balls that teens have, or the lack that elders don't influence those split second decisions as well as general 'subconscience' decisions that require a tighter rein on teens. Not saying they are dumber, they just have less to lose, and it shows.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Allstate is right though. it's a bigger issue than other ones the current media harps on day in and day out; celebrity misery and airplane crashes
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
            X