Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush, what's new? Bush, someone still loves You.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw an article about this in the NYT and found it kind of creepy

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
      Winston, the Albania of Apolyton

Comment

Yes, quite witty - though I don't see what Albania has ever done to deserve such abuse.

Comment

It's left catholicism (and o.ch.) and converted to islam

Interestingly enough, there's a catholic spot at the north of Albania, with one +90% catholic district, in the middle of muslim sea.
          I think Albania is a fascinating nation, anyway. They have unique roots and history. I don't know much about it, though.

If You think Albania does not deserve it, OK

Winston, the Elbonia of Apolyton
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

Albania was Orthodox then got conquered by Catholics so the nobility was Catholic but the people were Orthodoxed, then the Turks converted the area in a very brutal fashion. The Turks would kidnape the Children of Christians, raise them as muslims then force them to become Janisaries the resettle them in nonChristian areas after their 10-20 years of military service was up. Basically, if you were a Christian under the Turks you had to pay crushing extra taxes and your children would be stolen from you. It's no wonder everyone in the Balkans hate the Turks.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The story isn't that simple. Albania mostly didn't get conquered by catholics. It remained part of Epiros, Bulgaria for most of its time, though Durres and some other coastal cities indeed were in catholic hands.

When it comes to the children, Turks didn't need that many of them, they weren't, as they show them, little children, but early (but not necessarily) teenagers, and often the families wanted their children to join the janissaries - it was a big chance of career, and the children remembered about their families, villages, etc. Which doesn't mean that it wasn't often a tragedy, that Turks had moral right to do it, that their rule was not harsh to Bulgarians, Serbs etc.
              Middle East!

Comment

I liked the CNN headline today

Bush: Back to Reality

and it was about Bush returning home. Awww
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Specifically with Albania & Kosovo they did indeed take young children and raise them as Muslims.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It seems Albania got richer thanks to Bush's visit already. At least one fellow.
                    Middle East!

Comment

American comments say he put it away at 1:00. Hard to say

Comment

What happened, somebody stole his watch!?

It seemed to disappear right at the beginning when he turned to the larger crowd. Man! You can't go anywhere these days.

Comment

having albanians nick his watch almost makes up for the ceremony of having a part of our teritory hacked off.

i just hope that before he gives them something that is not his he makes a visit to belgrade and convinces laura to wear her best jewelry...

can't wait to see what jon stewart will make of this story
                          Last edited by Fidel; June 12, 2007, 17:08.

Comment

And he won't do that in his own country.

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

It seems Albania got richer thanks to Bush's visit already. At least one fellow.
                              In other words: Albanians already got a grip.
                              "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                              "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

American comments say he put it away at 1:00. Hard to say

Monika Stafa
                                THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                                AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                                AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                                DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X