What Did You Do BEFORE 'Poly...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did You Do BEFORE 'Poly...?

Last edited by ZEE; April 28, 2011, 16:53.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

There was no Before.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 28, 2011, 16:54.
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

BBS game playing.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Reading the Archives
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

What archives? Can you be a little more specific, or is that the only clue we get?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
              There was no Before.
              Q F T
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                What archives? Can you be a little more specific, or is that the only clue we get?

it's pr0n
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                  >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Gladiator Mice
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I was in my final year of high school, 16, when I joined apolyton. So before facebook, I played soccer with my buddies, or I was in my summer softball league, and generally went to high school and played video games.

Oh, and I guess Apolyton marked the end of my MUDing days
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I was 16, in 10th grade.

before i lurked some newsgroups, but never really participated in a community.

basically used ICQ and stuff for online fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                          I was in my final year of high school, 16, when I joined apolyton. So before facebook, I played soccer with my buddies, or I was in my summer softball league, and generally went to high school and played video games.

Oh, and I guess Apolyton marked the end of my MUDing days
                          I think we had a similiar upbringing

'cept back in my day, we didnt have Poly, nor Facebook, heck, I dont think we had PC's (or Internet or even AOL)
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I got a connection to the internet at home in 1999, which is also my year of registration here. I was and am active in many other newsgroups and forums.

What would I be doing with the time I now spend on forums, if they didn't exist?

Probably read.

Comment

I hung around in chatrooms.

Then, once evening, President Clinton went on TV and admitted his relationship with Monica Lewinski wasn't as innocent as he'd said it had been. I went into the chatrooms to discuss this turn of event, and the level of discussion was [these are quote]: "He lied. He should be impeached!" "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." What a much of morons!

I checked in at 'Poly, and an intelligent debate was going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X